Pee Valve Talk - Any Latin Scholars?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClamBake

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As someone who is awaiting the delivery of my first dry suit (still first week of December, right Jerry?) I have been fascinated by all the recent pee valve, catheter and catheter glue remover posts of late. I also happen to be reading Tim Ecott's "Neutral Bouyancy" over the Thanksgiving holiday. From page 7 of Ecott's book "The Latin word for diver is urinator . . ." This would explain everything!!:D

Could this possibly be true? I have 5 years of high school and college Latin, but couldn't recall having run across this translation. Any Latin scholars on this board?

Thank you. I now feel a profound appreciation of the fundamental relationship between the pee valve and the urinator. This is all making sense now!

I wonder if I can get that as a vanity plate?

So we are a bunch of urinators!! Interesting. So what is the Latin definition of urinal?? A place were urino's urinate??

Attachments

• URIN8R.gif
    URIN8R.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom