Pee valve plumbing alignment ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just three dives on my TLS 350 with a Halcyon Pee valve. I am using Rochester wide band catheters and am experiencing a bit of twisting of the catheter at its connection to the hose which seems capable of choking off the flow of urine at the catheter. How are folks getting things aligned so as to eliminate any twisting of the catheter and a potential blockage????

I have not trimmed any of the length of the hose which connects the catheter to the valve....

TIA

Mark

my best suggestion would be to do a search on the deco stop (TDS), this has been discussed in length over there and there are some diagrams/drawings (work approved) to help you visualize things as necessary. T

I've had similar experiences, and what I've now done is add 2 90 degree elbows in the hose, so the wideband points directly up, and the 90 degree elbows send it back down with no bending or kinking.

I cut about 1/2 the length of the tubing off the condom tip so that the port of the hose is closer to your...........I also use the quick disconnects and plumb everything up at home prior to leaving out. If needed you can still take care of business if needed along the way. Donning the DS is as easy as snap-n-go.

If using an unbalanced, make sure you prime up before the dive to make sure all is working well. Nothing worse that being at 150 feet or so and realizing short of a blow off you won't get any relief.

Ken

Plumb the line directly upward through your zipper / waistband, then a gentle curve down towards the valve; then prime the system. It takes a couple times to get used too, but after that you'll love it.

The Deco Stop

Very useful thread...

Too long of a hose isn't as bad as too short. You just need to connect it in a way that it doesn't want to twist when it gets connected. You need a long enough hose so it can route up to your stomach and then back down in a gentle arc. I also like to position the hard connector right at the elastic of my drawers, so it holds it in place without pinching it.

Tom

I've had similar experiences, and what I've now done is add 2 90 degree elbows in the hose, so the wideband points directly up, and the 90 degree elbows send it back down with no bending or kinking.
That sounds like you need a boner to make that work???

Sounds like too many failure points. It's bad when you have more connections of your P-valve than you do on your regs.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom