P-Valve Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my rinse kit: a small squeeze bottle full of stermine

parts list:
1. squeeze bottle
2. steramine

Mine is similar: 250cc flushing syringe with a 10 inch section of tubing to attach to the qd and flush with steramine

Mine is similar: 250cc flushing syringe with a 10 inch section of tubing to attach to the qd and flush with steramine
Mine is a 1/4" sharkbite I've glued onto a water bottle cap with about 10" hose on that. A male QD on the hose and I can then use that on any water bottle. At home I drink half a bottle and then fill it with warm water to dissolve a 1/2 steramine tab. Cap goes on and into the truck. Once done diving I screw on my flush cap/hose and rinse the valve.

Mine is a 1/4" sharkbite I've glued onto a water bottle cap with about 10" hose on that. A male QD on the hose and I can then use that on any water bottle. At home I drink half a bottle and then fill it with warm water to dissolve a 1/2 steramine tab. Cap goes on and into the truck. Once done diving I screw on my flush cap/hose and rinse the valve.
Could you post a pic, please!!

Overall people tend to make way to much of this, i use water from the hose and turned way down so not much pressure and just let the water flow a 10/20 seconds.
Yeah I don't have a balanced valve. I leave the end open, seawater rushes in every dive, pee goes out. Drains and dries on my hanger in the garage. I rinse it when it gets green inside, so annually or thereabouts.

What’s people's opinions on UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) caused by bacteria in a pee valve tube?

UTIs are very painful and the infection can affect your thinking processes. Left untreated it can lead to sepsis.

What’s people's opinions on UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) caused by bacteria in a pee valve tube?

UTIs are very painful and the infection can affect your thinking processes. Left untreated it can lead to sepsis.
UTI is painful but I don’t consider it a pee valve risk, I use a trigon seems to do very well at preventing inversion so the system only flows one way.

They happen but the real threat is peeing when the valve is closed or a kinked tube - forcing icky stuff to flow backwards. But sterilizing your system after every dive isnt mandatory to avoid them

Could you post a pic, please!!
Forgot to do this yesterday
20230330_051655.jpg

20230330_051708.jpg

20230330_051716.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom