Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can only leave you with words of wisdom from the late Captain Bill Crawford of the old Good Time Charlie in Key Largo---
"When you're going out to sea, even men sit down to pee".

I go early & often. No need to signal anyone. Just do what you gotta do when you gotta do it.
Reminds my of that song, “let it flow, let it flow”

The sea is full of fish pee and poop already. A quart of your pee added to it is going to make little difference. I would avoid doing it when someone is directly following, but otherwise, what your dive buddy doesn't know is not going to hurt him!

You are swimming in an eternal ocean of Feculence....your sterilized urine isn’t going to be the straw that broke the camel’s back :)

peeing on deck is lame though. I’d call that out.

Wow, I can't believe anyone would pee on the boat. Gross and incredibly rude.
I’ve even seen it on charter boats. The person has to pee like crazy while gearing up and can’t wait until they get in the water and don’t want to run to the head and try to pull off a 7mm wetsuit, so they just let it go on the deck and hope no one notices the yellow river.

I’ve even seen it on charter boats. The person has to pee like crazy while gearing up and can’t wait until they get in the water and don’t want to run to the head and try to pull off a 7mm wetsuit, so they just let it go on the deck and hope no one notices the yellow river.

‘it is slightly better than surfacing off the side of the boat when they are venting the sewage system though :) I’ve seen one poor lady get hit with that ‘code brown’ and it wasn’t pretty....

Once in the water the dilution factors are so high that peeing will make zero difference to dive buddies. Like everyone else said, on the boat is another story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom