Pensacola Diver Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDean59

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any recommendations in the Pensacola area of dive shops and shore dives they would recommend?

I would also like this information cause I am trying to plan a trip to Pensacola this summer as well! (I only posted this so I could follow the thread lol sorry)

I don't think there is much in the way of shore diving in Pensacola as most of the wrecks are quite far offshore. I will defer to others on it, though.

If you want a top-quality, highly professional dive operation; I highly recommend Tim Thorsen and Viking Diving.

Viking Diving Home

As for lodging, I stay on the Navy base. If you are military; I recommend it; but if not, I can't give good pointers on it. I can steer you to the Oarhouse for an excellent meal as a consolation prize. I just offer the consulation that you enunciate "oarhouse" if you describe to your significant other where you are that night.
04.gif

Venture over to Gulf Shores and there's a shore dive called the Whiskey Wreck, and some bridge piers and rock jetties to dive.

Does anyone know if the Joe Padi reef is too far off shore for a shore dive?
Yes. It's a new barge they sunk. I think it's about 1-2 miles offshore. It's spelled Patti, too.

The coordinates for it are: 30.288611,-87.229167

Its VERY new, so there is zero marine life on it. I thought the most interesting part was the crabs I found in the sand... Unless you like tacky dive shop underwater displays.

The Ft. Pickens Jetty West off of Pensacola beach is pretty much it for shore dives. There is an OLD battleship? The Massachusetts that's about 1.5 miles offshore on the West side of the Pensacola Pass that's like 25ft deep max. A charter would probably be your best bet. Or know someone with a boat!?!

would you be able to rent a boat and find that battleship or is that un doable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom