Perdix AI AA Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

of note, if you use a lot of 18650's, you may want to get a 14500 lithium rechargeable since it can be in the same charger at the same time. Small benefit if you travel a lot so you don't have to bring a dedicated charger and/or have to do 2x charging cycles since most chargers will recognize nimh and liion automatically.

This is the best option IMO. Followed by Enloops. I don't know why people waste money on SAFTS plus its horrible for the environment. I have had really gook luck with Orbtronic batteries 14500 Battery 1100mAh Protected 3.7V Li-ion Rechargeable Cell Button Top you also do not have to play the game of how much longer will my SAFT last on yellow/red so I can get my full moneys worth out of it. With rechargeable you just charge it when its 50% then you never ever have to wonder or worry about dead batteries.

I think as divers we have a responsibility to put in a little more effort in to be environmentally conscious. I find it hard to believe that as divers people are still using one time disposable batteries. There is only one planet.

The Orbtronic is not available on Amazon or Ebay. I have a whole bunch of AA and AAA Eneloop, no the Pro Eneloop just the regular ones. Are those good enough or should I order the Orbtronic for my Perdix ?

Interesting thread, and I've only just come across it today.

I used Alkalines when I first bought my Petrel 2, then moved to SAFT at the recommendation of other local SW users.

I have on occasion used an Energiser Lithium when I needed to change during a trip. and generally carry several AA batteries as I'm also a photographer and used Eneloops in my strobes.

I still use SAFTs in both my Petrel 2 and Perdix primarily because I don't want to be changing every 20-25 hours of diving with them, while I get 90-95 hours from a SAFT.

I do dive regularly, even during the past two years of the Pandemic when my longest SI was barely two months in 2020.

Batteries like the Duracel Alkalines are as cheap as chips over here, especially multipacks, and it probably makes economic sense to use them. However years ago I experienced out of box failures with Duracels and I no longer use them.

Interesting thread. I just bought a Perdix AI and Swift Transmitter. Alkaline batts, especially Duracell are like ticking time bombs and have ruined too many things I have put them in. I was going to use Eneloops, but if someone has a link for the SAFT LS14500, please immortalize it here. Also, if anyone knows of a video on how to use all the features of the Perdix that would be helpful too.
Screenshot_20220615-215901.png

$11.99 +tax for 2 safts found here on web free s/h (2) Pack Saft LS-14500 AA 3.6V Primary Lithium Battery - (non Rechargeable)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-215901.png
    Screenshot_20220615-215901.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 34
@HKGuns, SAFT is a very good France-manufactured LS14500, 3.6V Lithium battery. It competes directly with the industry standard, the TADIRAN LS14500, a 3.6V Lithium battery made in Israel that used to be industry standard and was (and is) used by the old UWATEC Aladin oil-filled dive computers. There is a third brand of LS14500 which you can buy, the XENO, made in Korea. We've used them all with excellent results. Pricewise the TADIRAN is the most expensive and the XENO the most affordable one.

Saft LS 14500 AA Lithium-Battery 3,6V 2600mAh​

Attachments

• saft-ls-14500-aa-lithium-batterie-36v-2600mah.jpg
    saft-ls-14500-aa-lithium-batterie-36v-2600mah.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 26
Based on this topic, I just removed the Eveready AA batt that came with my Perdix AI.
Does anyone have a link to rechargeable 14500 batts suitable for dive computers ? Or should I just use Eneloop rechargeables ?

The main reason I use SAFT batteries is that I get approximately 90-96 hrs dive time from them compared to around 25 hrs from a standard AA battery.

I have no experience of using an Eneloop rechargeable battery in my Shearwaters.

Back
Top Bottom