Perdix AI Setting Same Gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pspeirs

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've emailed Shearwater with this question, and not sure I'm getting my question across correctly. I am running twin independants each with a transmitter attached. As this is the bottom gas, I am running say 32% in each tank. I can associate the relevant transmitters with T1&T2 as per the manual. My issue comes when I try to set up two gases with the same mix. A message "Duplicate Gas" is displayed and the config won't save.

Unless there is another reason that I'm not seeing, shouldn't the computer just accept whatever mix I want to punch in, even it is a duplication.

TANK 1
Tx Serial: 12345
AI Setup: T1
Gas Content: 32%

TANK 2
Tx Serial: 54321
AI Setup: T1
Gas Content: 32%

Perdix
System Configuration / AI Setup
AI Mode: T1&T2
GTR Mode: T1
T1 Setup: 12345
T2 Setup: 54321

System Configuration / OC Gases
1 OC On 32/00
2 OC On 32/00

The above configuration is not allowed and displays a message “Duplicate Gas”, which is correct but I believe should be allowed.
In my situation, I am running both tanks as bottom gas independently, therefore would require both the above to be set on 32/00.

Regs,
Paul

the gas mix doesn't go with a specific tank. It only specifies what you're breathing, not what's in the tank.

You have to remember what gas is in which tank and select the correct mix when you switch.

Since you are running 32 in both, just set your gas to 32 and leave it.

Back
Top Bottom