Peter Jones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AWMIII

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I received word 2 days ago that formerly frequent poster on this forum Peter Jones has passed. Peter, Peterbj7 on here, has helped many visitors to San Pedro. He was especially helpful to a scuba board poster who was bent there a couple of years ago. I have no details on his passing except that it was in his home in San Pedro and was not suspicious. I had the honor of joining Peter on his last dive 2 weeks ago. Here a a couple of videos that I shot during my stay. He was with us for one of the 13 dives contained in these videos.

https://www.facebook.com/billmcmichael3/videos/10156214507695153/?l=3207645980202828771

https://www.facebook.com/billmcmichael3/videos/10156217252700153/?l=5821516383230042040

He has been a resource for better or worse to this community.

Rest in peace Peter.

---------- Post added November 26th, 2015 at 09:42 PM ----------

The autopsy showed a heart attack as the cause of death.

Sad news indeed. Peter was somewhat of a colorful character in dive circles, and will be missed.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Passings Forum

Condolences to Peter's family and friends.

I'm so sorry to hear this. We hadn't talked in a while but I'll still feel his absence.

My deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

On Tuesday,November 24th Peter Jones was discovered dead of natural causes in his home.
Peter Brandon Jones of Great Britain was one of the island greatest SCUBA diving enthusiast and promoted technical diving through his dive shop on Ambergris Caye for many years before his retirement. Mr. Jones was 68 years old.

A frequent poster on scubaboard under the name Peterbj7.

Really sorry to hear that.

Peter was a frequent contributor here for years, and his wealth of knowledge about diving in general and AC in particular will be missed. He hadn't been around much the last couple of years, and I wondered if he was having health issues.

Peter could be a bit cantankerous at times. For whatever reason, he really disliked another SB member who had lived on AC for a time and those two used to get into some royal battles here. And he didn't suffer fools gladly. But he was always quick with a joke and generous with advice. I hoped to meet him in person someday but never made my way to AC (yet).

RIP, Peter.

I always enjoyed Peter's posts. He knew a lot about diving in general and Ambergris Caye in particular. He was very generous to those who sought advice on the Belize board.

RIP Peter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom