Petrel 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love how you just change the topic once someone points out that you are wrong. Again: The point was that you claimed that you can't service Apeks reg yourself, which is not true and that Germany is the only country where you can get parts due to some law, which is also not true.

and you keep twisting my words. I said germany is one of the only, pointed out two other countries i wasn't sure of, and you are taking my point about service far too literally. You can obviously service any reg you want, but if you can't buy parts for them, that effectively renders them non user-serviceable, and since you can't buy parts in this country, or any other country except for Denmark, the Netherlands, and Germany, my point still stands, especially since they aren't allowed to export to this country without losing their dealership status, which has happened before.

Yours however, does not because the cost of parts kits is offset significantly by the difference in purchase price of the regulators, so either way, you're paying for it one way or the other, the difference is if we followed your plan, it would take 10 services per stage to pay for the up front cost difference which is 10-20 years depending on how frequently you service your regs.

... and you are taking my point about service far too literally.
Ahhhh, now I get it. So when you say 'you can't service' it's really means that you can. Now I know how I need to read your stuff.
Like when you said you can't buy a car in Germany for 10k that goes 120 or that you need 25? lbs to dive 80s in a wet suit, you really meant the opposite. You're just rambling on and on and on.
I'm out, discussing this with you is pointless.

You can service Apeks regs in the US and it's no problem to get the parts, period. If anyone wants to believe tbones fairytales, knock yourself out.

You can service Apeks regs in the US and it's no problem to get the parts, period.

from where? No problem, prove it. Where can I buy Apeks parts kits in the us with no problem? I'd love to know as I'm sure everyone else who dropped Apeks because we couldn't get parts for them without going to the gray market

Last edited by a moderator:
from where? No problem, prove it. Where can I buy Apeks parts kits in the us with no problem? I'd love to know as I'm sure everyone else who dropped Apeks because we couldn't get parts for them without going to the gray market

Grey market? Lol. Sure, you need to be a total badass to order from places that don't have your area code. Lol. This is really my last post on this thread.

from where?
There are things called online shops and the mail. This 'problem' or 'hassle of importing stuff' exists only in your fantasy. I've told you this before, you're just looking to fight over something.

BTW, does Petrel 2 have an audible quick ascent alarm?

Wow....that was interesting. What I will say is I have had a hard time finding any parts kits for regulators. I specifically have a sea elite that was on a pony bottle. The only kits I have found were on ebay, used, and shady. (2nd stage) Purge face is busted.

What I will say is I have had a hard time finding any parts kits for regulators. I specifically have a sea elite...
I'm not surprised, I've never even heard of sea elite. It's easier to get parts for regs from major brands like Scubapro and Aqualung and such.
Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you should NOT service your own regs unless you have been trained or at least have someone experienced help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom