Petrel2, Perdix, or Perdix AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whether I'm diving back mount or side mount I wouldn't want to accidentally hit the transmitter and either have a catastrophic gas loss or it stop transmitting and not have an SPG as a back up

You certainly wouldn't have a catastrophic gas loss if the transmitter got snapped off. Gas loss..yes...catastrophic...no.

I have 2 transmitters for my Perdix AI. I have been diving BM doubles with a transmitter on the right post for a while. It sticks down, from the 1st stage towards the tank. Pretty much no way I'm going to hit it on something by accident.

I have done 1 pool session with my new SM rig. I put a transmitter on each tank. Again, the transmitters point down, towards the tank. And with the tank valves facing up, the transmitters are kind of up in/behind my armpit. Again, I don't see any way they are going to get hit by accident.

And these are all tanks that have the old style angled valves. So, the transmitter is angled out just a little bit from the tank. Still no issue. If I had regular, non-angled valves, I think they would be even less likely to accidentally hit anything.

- In fact (and this seems to be a bug) you actually can't add a tank pod to a CC gas at all. It offers the option to assign a tank pod to your diluent, but then it just doesn't do it.

You Can Pair Suunto Tank POD and CC Gas. You have to do it using Proximity Mode.

Attachments

• 1AE435EC-91A1-4991-B851-B215000DBDB2.jpeg
    1AE435EC-91A1-4991-B851-B215000DBDB2.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 82
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom