Philippine Airlines - Pony in checked luggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've flown a lot for business, unfortunately, I never saw a pony service animal before the DOT outlawed them

Philippine Airlines sports baggage T&Cs state (Philippine Airlines T&Cs):
b. Diving/Scuba Equipment (except oxygen tank) - All items must be secured in a sturdy container designed for shipping. Scuba tanks and flares are not allowed. Spear guns must be unloaded with the spear packed separately.
Scuba tank is NOT considered as sport equipment.
Remove the valve and pack it with the rest of your personal items in the checked bag.

Scuba tank is NOT considered as sport equipment.
Remove the valve and pack it with the rest of your personal items in the checked bag.
Philippine Air’s policy doesn’t sound any different than TSA’s. Once you remove the valve, its no longer a SCUBA tank, just an aluminum cylinder

A bit off topic but on Philippine airlines you can not bring your regulator set as carry on.
I was told it’s considered a weapon.
My wife and I have brought our regulators as carry on baggage on 4 PA flights....Vancouver to Manila and return, twice. That was pre-covid so maybe the rules have changed or we just got lucky.

My wife and I have brought our regulators as carry on baggage on 4 PA flights....Vancouver to Manila and return, twice. That was pre-covid so maybe the rules have changed or we just got lucky.
I agree pre Covid I always brought my reg set as carryon but now they are telling me no.

I agree pre Covid I always brought my reg set as carryon but now they are telling me no.
Then I wouldn't tell them. If it's a Philippines law, it will be flagged at the check-in baggage scan. If they allow it through, then you're good to go.

The pony is for solo diving. I can only presume that there are solo divers in the Philippines and was wondering how they travelled around the country with their pony bottles. Does Cebu Pacific allow pony bottles to be checked?
Maybe they take the ferries 🤔

Maybe they take the ferries 🤔
Wrong again.
Do you know the difference between dedicated sport equipment and ordinary checked bag? Definitely NOT.
Scuba tank without the valve is NOT restricted. I have done it twice without any issue.

Then I wouldn't tell them. If it's a Philippines law, it will be flagged at the check-in baggage scan. If they allow it through, then you're good to go.
How do you know?
There are plenty of scams in Thailand.

So original and unique.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom