Philippine Airlines - Pony in checked luggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will never have a direct flight to Philippines from yyc, afaik.
Flying in/out is two different matters!!
Who is going to do the security check at Vancouver or Manila?
Just pack your reg in the checked bag on the return leg.

In preparation for some upcoming trips to Bali and Sipadan flying Air Asia from Thailand, it appears that if one takes the "sports equipment" check-in baggage option, for scuba gear, they will accept an empty cylinder with the valve on. At check-in, they will verify that it is empty and the valve is in the open position. They will then tagged it as checked and it's good to go. Now I don't know if this applies for all the national variants of Air Asia, because different national aeronautical authorities may have different rules but this is the case in Thailand.

Screenshot_2023-04-21-09-29-50-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-21-09-30-32-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

In preparation for some upcoming trips to Bali and Sipadan flying Air Asia from Thailand, it appears that if one takes the "sports equipment" check-in baggage option, for scuba gear, they will accept an empty cylinder with the valve on. At check-in, they will verify that it is empty and the valve is in the open position. They will then tagged it as checked and it's good to go. Now I don't know if this applies for all the national variants of Air Asia, because different national aeronautical authorities may have different rules but this is the case in Thailand.

View attachment 780311
View attachment 780312
LOL.
We are talking PAL specifically.
What is your OWN experience on flying with scuba tank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom