Philippines - planning a trip for this Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Verde is wonderful! Be careful eating on the street, as I and my Filipino partner spent a day not diving due to some bad food...

more likely the water or ice in drinks. Food wont knock you out but the water can put you in the E.R. in a hospital

Hi, i agree with keesmon above. See if you can do a dive safari from Sipalay to Moalboal and you will get to see plenty of different locations for a very good price. Check out Easy Diving Sipalay Website for details. You could easily transfer afterwards to Malapascua or Cabilao at the end of that trip. I posted a trip report from my experience on the safari and at cabilao, if you are interested in more details.

How was your trip? Am planning to go to Malapascua for 3 days then onto Moalboal for 3 days. Would appreciate suggestions on Resort? DM? Thank u.

How was your trip? Am planning to go to Malapascua for 3 days then onto Moalboal for 3 days. Would appreciate suggestions on Resort? DM? Thank u.

Best resort in Moalboal by a landslide is Dolphin House Resort in Moalboal. The dive op there is top notch and better than all the rest. They do smaller groups than all the others. I see some operations with 20 plus divers all in a conga line. Pescador Island is amazing so definitely go but Dolphin house has the best hospitality. The owner also cruises through once a day to check things out. You can feel his employees love this guy and the food is great, the drinks are awesome.

If you go order the Ning Ning I could literally drink about six of those wow. Heaven and never had a drink like it anywhere else in the world.

fyi this is not a hotel type environment there are individual bungalos and you wander the grounds while there ...hard to explain but it is far more enviting than the hotel scene. Think privacy, think quiet environment, and awesome hospitality. I stay in really nice hotels when I travel like shangri la in lapu lapu cebu but this place is less than half the cost and way way nicer than five star hotels.

When you leave you will want to hug everyone. The divemasters, the bartenders, the front desk people. And before the chairman asks yes im sober lol. I just love the ambiance.

Best resort in Moalboal by a landslide is Dolphin House Resort in Moalboal. The dive op there is top notch and better than all the rest. They do smaller groups than all the others. I see some operations with 20 plus divers all in a conga line. Pescador Island is amazing so definitely go but Dolphin house has the best hospitality. The owner also cruises through once a day to check things out. You can feel his employees love this guy and the food is great, the drinks are awesome.

If you go order the Ning Ning I could literally drink about six of those wow. Heaven and never had a drink like it anywhere else in the world.

fyi this is not a hotel type environment there are individual bungalos and you wander the grounds while there ...hard to explain but it is far more enviting than the hotel scene. Think privacy, think quiet environment, and awesome hospitality. I stay in really nice hotels when I travel like shangri la in lapu lapu cebu but this place is less than half the cost and way way nicer than five star hotels.

When you leave you will want to hug everyone. The divemasters, the bartenders, the front desk people. And before the chairman asks yes im sober lol. I just love the ambiance.
Would you recommend any DM in particular? Thank you very much for the loads of info.

Would you recommend any DM in particular? Thank you very much for the loads of info.

Ha well names ive forgot they have the lead DM that speaks german and the filipino guy who takes out most people although the german takes most of the europeans. They also have a few assistant DMs. its been 3 months I apologize. I tipped the lead DM and also my DM and they really took care of me after that including replacing the top on my pony for free which wasnt cheap.

in the philippines they will walk on water for you if you tip every day. Even non filipinos that work there as they get paid almost nothing per day.

in the philippines they will walk on water for you if you tip every day. Even non filipinos that work there as they get paid almost nothing per day.
They will do that with a smile regardless of tip. Also applies to Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.
As for the tip I do that at the end of the trip, I have never heard/seen anyone tipping anyone everyday.

If going to Malapasqua, I would recommend Thresher Shark Divers. They have a mooring on Monad shoal away from other dive shops, so less divers. I stayed at Tapanee resort, close to the dive shop and 2 best restaurants on the island.

Anilao is great if you like macro and have buoyancy control. Dive during the week and avoid Manila weekend crowd. Driving there on weekend is much better, less traffic. Blue Ribbon resort was great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom