Philippino delicacies I need to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so what exactly is the Balut? :D I forgot to mention these names say nothing to me, so a short concise description would help.:coffee:

OK, I know what addidas, betamax and walkman are....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Balut if what all people try for the first time after they've had too many beers.

It's a duck embryo. One is 12 days and is almost all yolk at that point with the circulatory system well developed. You can see the veins but it's pretty much like a big, hard boiled yolk.
The 19-20 day is a chick that's about 2 days from hatching. It has feathers (downe), a beak, feet...but is soft. This one, after too many beers, probably won't stay down. It's an aquired taste and to tell you the truth, I never saw many Filipinos eat it.

Dorian or durian fruit - it is so sweet it stinks!

Ok, so what exactly is the Balut? :D I forgot to mention these names say nothing to me, so a short concise description would help.:coffee:

OK, I know what addidas, betamax and walkman are....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Don't ask, just eat them :D

Dorian or durian fruit - it is so sweet it stinks!

I remember them banning that on domestic PAL flights as carry on. :rofl3: Also try tuba, the coconut wine, which you have to get quickly after the guy comes down the tree or it turns to vinegar. It has a nice smell too. :D

chicken tinola..... great for hang over!

And I thought this thread was about the lovely ladies in the Philippines... shame on me! Oops, I guess that would be Filipina delicacies.

before
n649272749_597675_7532.jpg

after
r270_185758.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom