Phooey! My Sunpak flooded.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
Since it's October and the warranty has run out on my Sunpak, I'm just counting the dives before it too becomes a soggy Christmas ornament :D. It has surprised me so far, I worked it hard this summer giving it every excuse to fail. It will probably fl**d when least expected and most needed :D.

Sorry yours went belly up Larry.
I'm not familiar with the Sunpak, but most strobes have a sealed battery compartment. It's happened to me before. All you do is rise out the compartment, clean the corrosion off the contacts with a pencil eraser and try it again with new batteries.

swankenstein:
I'm not familiar with the Sunpak, but most strobes have a sealed battery compartment. It's happened to me before. All you do is rise out the compartment, clean the corrosion off the contacts with a pencil eraser and try it again with new batteries.
I tried that with the first flood I had, lucky that it was under warranty at the time.
This is a VERY inexpensive strobe and it does not have a sealed compartment, not even the door seals well :rofl3: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom