Phuket,Chiang Mai, Bankok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any diving in Chiang Mai? we will be there two full days...

Plan on doing some shopping also. Here are the dates of our travel in case there are any boarders in the area.

Bankok April 14-16
April 17-19 travel
April 20th Chiang Rai
April 21-24 Chiang Mai
April 24-27th Phuket

Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai are in Northern Thailand...Much cooler climate and No where near diving! Stick to Phuket if you want to do some diving...

Er.. you could dive in that moat that surrounds the old city of Chiang Mai. I had lunch in a cafe by the side once and almost lost my appetite. Tons of nasty stuff and floaters.

Thank goodness the northern Thais aren't as rowdy as the Bangkokians when it comes to spraying water on you during Songkran. In Chiang Mai, you could be sprinkled with evian or scented water. Bangkok, you'll be lucky to get out alive... :(

scottfiji:
are you asking this question seriously, or as a joke?

No, I was serious... Have you heard of lakes? Anyway, before you come to Houston I will expect you to know what is in my backyard without ever being here..

Sorry, Steve.. the truth is that we Asians are blessed to be surrounded by some of the best dive spots in the world right in the comfort of our neighbourhoods and have never considered lake divings. And our lakes are mostly murky and full of scum. This is why there are no posts on diving in Lake Toba or the Mekong river.

Perhaps you should consider taking a long boat ride in Bangkok and watch some of the er.. stuff floating on the surface of the Chao Praya river. Not a pretty sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom