Phuket-Koh Tao Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowmouth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I like to start this dedicated thread where both Koh Tao and Phuket dive-pro's can "bash" eachother relentlessly without having to "spam" on other threads.

I like to be the first with a mean blow below the waist:

"Ko Tao diving is (mostly) crap!" Crap vis, crap reefs and crappy marinelife!"

Phuket-Koh Tao: 1-0

:D

Actually I never bash Koh Tao, just defend Phuket from Phuket bashers.

So do I!

This thread is NOT meant as a REAL mean way to vent frustration, it's more a fun-way of blowing off some steam...
Then again; I must admit that I do have a wicked (weird) sense of humour.

:D

No Bowmouth you don't. In another thread you just been bashing KT.

Why? We all live in Thailand and I assume we all love diving. For many different reasons, we all end up living in certain parts of the Kingdom which offers great dive opportunities. Why is it that a certain part of the Phuket SB'ers only have good things to say about Phuket and everything seems per definition 'not by thier/Phuket' standards? Why not support all of Thailand instead of just looking in your own little street?

I've had some great diving in Pattaya, Phuket, Phi Phi and around Koh Tao/Samui.

Maybe time to reflect on the negativity of some Gulf bashers.

Well, here are my thoughts:

Koh Tao: Superb little Island with cool people, nice atmosphere (if you exclude Sairee) and a unique place to be introduced to diving. But: you get tired of the sites because they are not very demanding and its hard to find a proper buddy because most divers are teenagers still high of some mushrooms off K' Pngang. And the prices are very cheap.

Phuket: Noisy Swedish children screaming for ice-cream, German couples in their fifties walking around in their underwear with plastic bags from Lidl expecting everyone to speak German, eat bratwurst and have extensive facial hair. But: The diving is very good! More marine life, better boats and more demanding dive sites, although more expensive.

Basically it's a trade off.

I'm searching for new places now. I want a place with BOTH Good diving and "youngish" (25-35) nice people, and cool SIs.....

I'm searching for new places now. I want a place with BOTH Good diving and "youngish" (25-35) nice people, and cool SIs.....

Try Ko Lanta.

I'd be happy to have the conversation in person, but putting it on a forum somehow doesn't feel right.

It seems that the Phuket people with their better diving, albeit a much shorter season, really despise us Gulfers. I tell everyone that they should do a Similans liveaboard as I truly believe that the diving as well as the value for money is outstanding and all divers can benefit from visiting the other side. However, I think that there are lots of advantages to Gulf of Thailand diving for those interested in courses- especially pro-level. The debate will never be resolved, but LIMBO was right to point out how we are generally loathe to say anything nice about each other. In the end it makes us all look like complete :censored:!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom