Phuket-Koh Tao Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be happy to have the conversation in person
I will be here year round, you are welcome to visit.

It seems that the Phuket people really despise us Gulfers.
Ridiculous. However, sometimes it seems some "Gulfers" like to exaggerate the weather in order to compensate for the dive quality.

Dive season in Phuket is November 1st - October 31st :) :) :)

Can I add more smiley faces to ensure that this post is not taken too seriously?

:) :) :) :)

2-1

I've dived both Koh Tao in the Gulf and Koh Phi Phi in the Andaman Sea. Found both of them provided some interesting dives and critters. I rarely bash any dive site because, being a marine biologist, I can often find something to love about each one.

Well, here are my thoughts:

Koh Tao: Superb little Island with cool people, nice atmosphere (if you exclude Sairee) and a unique place to be introduced to diving. But: you get tired of the sites because they are not very demanding and its hard to find a proper buddy because most divers are teenagers still high of some mushrooms off K' Pngang. .

Yeow!
I'm not sure teenagers hallucinating in the water column would make for a very good diving experience. Are they working on some PADI specialty?

No, just returning from the Full Moon parties on Koh Phangnan.

Another downside to Phuket- they don't offer the PADI Hallucinogen Specialty. "Us Koh Tao types" promote drug use in all areas. Much like the EANx course- you can combine the Hall Spec. My shop is quite successful in the DPV/LSD combo for the adventurous and the DUP/MUSH combo for the artsy people.

Be careful now, the Pattaya people may quote you on that bcd malone. That might divert some of their biz come to think of it.

Depends on your preference.....

But Koh Tao has a lot less small speedos on fat men going on, plus Batwings on women are hard to come by when compared to phuket.

Some off the unwashed hippies from the :mooner: party can be a bit hard on the nose though...:D:D:D

P.s only two days ago had a dirty great whaleshark on the Tao dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom