Phuket, why I never go back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, the "this should be removed" was a long time ago...it seems everybody moved on but you. Now it just seems as though you are the one trying to censor things. There is a discussion happening. Participate, lurk or move on. If anybody else says "let's delete this thread because it is horse pucky and nothing bad ever happens in Thailand" then feel free to preach that deleting the thread would be unfair etc.......but let all sides tell and everybody gets the information they need to make their own informed decision. Otherwise, you are just preventing the information from being delivered.

No if you read the thread, they said that it is bad advice to tell people to stay at a big name hotel because it is overpaying, if they want to add feeling of security. Read the thread flow. :D So it seems it is one thing or another, as long as phuket is wonderland to them.

It is the same members that wanted it remove that seem to want everyone to believe that tourist targeted crimes do not happen.

Zzzzzzzz.....

Uhhh... what????
.......One single person (not even from Phuket) said that 10 pages ago.....

Zzzzzzzz........

OK well we have successfully hijacked this thread to point that even I (who WAS interested in the topic) has lost interest in the thread. Let it play out....otherwise you are just censoring the same way you are arguing against.

So you are saying the ones should not do their research and get all the facts they can before visiting a different country. I am advocating get all the info you can get, if you want the added feeling of comfort, stay at a big name hotel. That I did not like phuket area as compare to khao lak or krabi areas. I say it is my vacation, and if I feel like spend the extra 23 dollars a night for a sofitel over a local hotel I am overpaying for the sense of comfort and security. I am a believer that you do get what you pay for.

At no time did I say not to visit thailand, actually I say it is a great vacation, just get your facts. But it seems some want to rebuff every post that even hints that there is anything wrong with phuket. Because our tourist concerns are unfounded. HUH, it is our vacation after all.

So it seems it is one thing or another, as long as Phuket is wonderland to them.

Turtle,

Phuket is not "wonderland" for you. Fine.
It is "wonderland" for other people. Fine too.
You prefer to stay in big name hotels. Fine.
Some people think different about that. Fine too.
You had your wallet stolen in Thailand. Not so fine.
Someone else found himself in a hospital and an empty wallet without knowing what happened. Not so fine too.

Please, move on.

OK well we have successfully hijacked this thread to point that even I (who WAS interested in the topic) has lost interest in the thread. Let it play out....otherwise you are just censoring the same way you are arguing against.

I am okay with what they are trying to rebuff with, I will just point out the inconsistency of it. I do not want to censor any of what they are saying. :wink:

......I will just point out the inconsistency of it.......

over and over and over and over and over and over....Hopefully w can now move on

NEXT!!!!This is not worth fighting anymore. Feel free to bicker about how once in history someone said something to your heart's content. I will do my best to stop replying to you unless the post is something other than how once way back somebody wanted to deleted this thread.....

over and over and over and over and over and over....Hopefully w can now move on

I doubt Turtle will move on Steve. He's got some "superior (German?) stubborn firepower" running in his veins and will not give up.

I give up though.... I really do on this one!
:surrender:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom