pictures from Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30:
Dennis, in Talumben I stayed at Seriya resort. Very good location as harlequin shrimps and boxer crabs are basically right in front of the resort, just a short beach dive in front of the resort to see them :)
For Nusa Penida, I stayed in Denpasar. Initially the hotel on Sanur beach was full (where we took the boat out to Nusa Penida) so we stayed in Kuta at Ramayana then moved to the other hotel which I can't remember the name currently. I used Bali Marine Sports which have excellent guides who are very helpful and friendly.

I'm staying at Seraya too. I'm looking to stop in Lembongan for a few days before going to Ubud but is it a long trip from Sanur beach to the dive sites? That might be a good alternative. Thanks.

Just wow!

Diver Dennis:
is it a long trip from Sanur beach to the dive sites? That might be a good alternative. Thanks.

Are you talking about from Sanur to Nusa Penida? It is about an hour boat ride to Crystal Bay, a bit further to Manta Point.
The sea was a bit rough on the way there but it was not too bad. One of the rare trips that I actually did not get seasick at all :)
I think you would like Seriya. It is a pretty nice resort and the dive there is very easy. However I did not like Liberty wreck much as there were so many divers and I was bruised all over trying to exit the rocky beach with my camera :(

If youre interested in macro i would stay Near the liberty theres resorts right in front of it and it really is a amazing macro site, but like ssra30 says it gets flooded with divers, i was there in the "off" season and couldnt beleive it when my guide told me this was a quite day. If youre staying in Sanur expect a 3-4 hour drive to the liberty site :( but a 10-15 minute drive to get on the boat to goto manta point, nusa penida...theres some great drift dives around nusa penida also, but be warned there pretty feirce currents, makes for great fun :)

The coloring on the Mola Mola is great and you have it nicely framed by the blue water.

Good job.

David

ssra30:
Are you talking about from Sanur to Nusa Penida? It is about an hour boat ride to Crystal Bay, a bit further to Manta Point.
The sea was a bit rough on the way there but it was not too bad. One of the rare trips that I actually did not get seasick at all :)
I think you would like Seriya. It is a pretty nice resort and the dive there is very easy. However I did not like Liberty wreck much as there were so many divers and I was bruised all over trying to exit the rocky beach with my camera :(

There will be a few SBers there. Mike Veitch and Tim Rock have a week long Photo Workshop. I have to do at least a couple days at Lembongan. Did you see lots of Molas?

sweet shots ssra30 love the light reflecting off the Manta.

Diver Dennis:
There will be a few SBers there. Mike Veitch and Tim Rock have a week long Photo Workshop. I have to do at least a couple days at Lembongan. Did you see lots of Molas?

Yes, I know about Mike being in Bali. I met him earlier this year in Yap, a very nice guy and a lot of fun to talk to him. I saw mola molas 2 out of 7 dives. 3 together on one dive at 46m, 2 on another dive, right at the surface and at a cleaning station at 10m. A friend went a few days after I left and he saw total of 11 on his trip. Another friend who was at Nusa Penida at the same time with me but on a different boat saw mola mola on 5 of his 7 dives, go figure! :(

Tulamben is definitely a great macro site, may be not quite as Lembeh but still very very good. I did not get to go to Secret Bay but that is also supposed to have excellent muck diving.

Water around Nusa Penida is very cold for tropical divers like myself. The temp was around 21-22C. Tulamben is warmer at 26-27C. I think Mike V is planning to dive with his 7mm semi dry wetsuit :D

Back
Top Bottom