Pirates take American yacht...what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I support all of these approaches. So, which government in Somalia should we be at war with? What targets do we attack? Who do we collect the "retribution" from? That, as far as I can see, is the problem, and it is a practical problem, rather than a philosophical one.

The same JFK who got us up to our waists in Vietnam, which, in hindsight, would have been better off left to inaction?

JFK wanted out of Vietnam and he wanted out of the FED. He was killed as a result.

Greetings fellow divers this incident has provoked and continues to do so!
The US citizens who were murdered were on a peaceful mission and I agree they left the safety of the group.
However, ARE WE GOING TO ALLOW SOMALI PIRATES TO KILL OUR COUNTRY MEN AND WOMEN?

I am not a hate monger but this act is a ACT OF WAR!
Our military men and women are involved in many places battling these insurgents who are attaching freedom.
As others have stated it is on and I have no issue blowing pirates out of the water and pursuing them back to there ports.
Once a port is identified it becomes a target for termination!
If it is discovered that a government is allowing this to go on then they to would stand with the pirates and suffer their fate.
Our military is the best in the world and non-combanant losses would be minimum.

I guess the piracy / terrorist line just became blurred for me!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Back when our nation was in it's infancy, the Barbary Pirates were pulling the same sort of BS. Other nations payed tribute so that their shipping would be left alone. We paid tribute also in the form of cannon shot. It is time to end this barbarism at sea. I think part of the reason we have done nothing is that we are afraid of offending the Muslims and inciting more terrorist attacks. These attacks at sea are also terrorist attacks. Give these pirates a week to release all ships and crews held hostage and return their mother ships to port. If they are not released, sink every mother ship we see, every RIB out at sea. We know where these criminals live, let them know that every boat that puts to sea will be inspected by SEAL teams or sunk, their call. This is not a war against Somalia but a war against barbarism and terror.

Yes, JFK did sign off on whacking Diem. It was not enough for the defense contractors, CIA, and the other money guys who were itching for a foreign war.

They took John Kennedy out, in public, to make their point.

I've been to the School Book Depositary Building in Dallas-the 3rd floor-the Park Service guide noticed I was looking out of "Oswald's window" and was very skeptical. "It does not make sense." he said "They stopped him at this corner and then the shooters came up from the railroad tracks. Go down and see for yourself." I did go down to the grassy knoll and saw for myself. It was a very strange day.

JFK was killed by the very same forces still in power. The shadow government running drugs, selling billions of arms, and laughing at the masses watching reality TV and sending in their tax dollars.

It is my understanding that the pirates have many many captives that are waiting to be "paid out". I think this is preventing us from sending in a cruise missle...it would take out too many innocents. Once again they take human life and then use human life as a shield to protect their own life.

I don't see a solution. Allowing them to continue to do it is NOT an option though. The severest punishment for the caught offenders needs to be the rule though.

PS.. Hey MDB....what's wrong with reality TV??

JFK wanted out of Vietnam
Yes, probably.

He was killed as a result.
I envy your certainty. Outside of mathematics, there is very little I am sure of, yet conspiracy theorists always know, as if they were on the grassy knoll that day, or in the smoke-filled room when the plot was hatched. No sarcasm intended--I am truly envious of that certainty, however misguided it may be (and I don't know how misguided it is.)

This graphic might be interesting to some in the discussion. Here you can see where they were when captured and how far the pirates sailed their boat (most likely trying to get it inside Somalia waters).

Also as a note, according to the article on NPR this image came out of, they were hijacked 700 miles south of Oman. However, the 'scale' legend on this image doesn't seem to support that distance. (just my observation).

3_PIRACY.sff.jpg

As far as JFK goes, the Mafia did it. JFK screwed over the Chicago Mafia after they got the dead people votes to get him elected. JFK paid them back by appointing RFK as the Attorney General. He went after Hoffa and the Mafia with a vengeance. (Strike one) He had the Don of the Texas and Louisiana Family (Marcello) deported. (Strike two) During this same time RFK had contracted with some Mafia hit guys to take out Castro, hit failed they didn't get paid. Strike Three. So they tried to car bomb Bobby and failed. Bobby now had tons of protection, so how do we get rid of our nemesis? Easy get rid of his brother who has less protection and the Vice President hates Bobby's guts and will cut him loose. The guys that didn't get paid for the Castro job did the JFK assassination. Oswald was a patsy and the Mob realized that soon after the real questioning began this would come out so they had Jack Ruby, a known gangster with Chicago ties, take him out. Assassin wrapped up in one gift package, investigation over. Marcello was back in New Orleans a month after the shooting. My story and I'm sticking to it. Conspiracy rant over.

I support all of these approaches. So, which government in Somalia should we be at war with? What targets do we attack? Who do we collect the "retribution" from? That, as far as I can see, is the problem, and it is a practical problem, rather than a philosophical one.
Who ever is the king for a day.

The same JFK who got us up to our waists in Vietnam, which, in hindsight, would have been better off left to inaction?
It's clearly impossible to say one way or the other. I'm sure to hundreds of thousands of people murdered after we left might have a different opinion.

According to some there is pirate activity in the Chesapeake Bay and off the coast of North Carolina....
Hardly to the same extent but I'm fine with making the rules apply to all acts of piracy.

As far as JFK goes, the Mafia did it. JFK screwed over the Chicago Mafia after they got the dead people votes to get him elected. JFK paid them back by appointing RFK as the Attorney General. He went after Hoffa and the Mafia with a vengeance. (Strike one) He had the Don of the Texas and Louisiana Family (Marcello) deported. (Strike two) During this same time RFK had contracted with some Mafia hit guys to take out Castro, hit failed they didn't get paid. Strike Three. So they tried to car bomb Bobby and failed. Bobby now had tons of protection, so how do we get rid of our nemesis? Easy get rid of his brother who has less protection and the Vice President hates Bobby's guts and will cut him loose. The guys that didn't get paid for the Castro job did the JFK assassination. Oswald was a patsy and the Mob realized that soon after the real questioning began this would come out so they had Jack Ruby, a known gangster with Chicago ties, take him out. Assassin wrapped up in one gift package, investigation over. Marcello was back in New Orleans a month after the shooting. My story and I'm sticking to it. Conspiracy rant over.
The mafia theory is the strongest one to date with the Texas political powers running a close second.

Back
Top Bottom