Pirates take American yacht...what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubler: Good call on the JFK hit. The mafia did provide the shooters. It also took the FBI-Hoover hated Bobby Kennedy-He was the one that personally called Bobby to tell him his brother was dead.

It also took LBJ signing off on the hit and the CIA and SS doing the logistics so the car made that hard right and hard left turn and slowed down so the shooters had a good field of fire. The obvious way out of town was just a straight away. There was really no reason to take that short turn except to position the presidential car at the arranged assassination point.

I've driven that route and it gets real clear when you see it all. A set up for sure.

I don't know that a hard and fast definition can be given. But if they stayed 275 miles off shore as reported that is ~240 nautical miles.

According to the the chart previously posted, they were venturing well beyond that range as far back as 2008 (445 nm).

Cave Diver, the 275 miles or 240 nm off shore you refer to is off the shore of Oman, while the 445 nm you refer to is off the shore of Somalia. I believe this latest attack is the furthest from Somalia that the pirates have ever captured a vessel.

How many nm offshore would this last attack be from Somalia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom