Planned deco on a recreational dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

16 hours is plenty much imo... AFAIK, there's no feel of a need to implement tissues with higher half-times than the current ones at around 12hours if I remember correctly. Getting significant saturation on such a tissue does not seem that easy to me. It's also a matter of "5 dives a day" or "1 dive a day". "A week of diving" means nothing.

Have you done an extensive study or can point to data to back this up?

Do you have data pointing otherwise?

There's a reason my post contains:
"imo", "AFAIK", "IIRC", "significant ... that easy to me",

And finally, if he's diving 1 dive a day, the load of the slow tissues wont (again, IMO) be significant. And after 16hours, I feel like the "mid duration" tissues will have decreased enough that I would have no problem hopping on a plane.

Do you have data pointing otherwise?

There's a reason my post contains:
"imo", "AFAIK", "IIRC", "significant ... that easy to me",

And finally, if he's diving 1 dive a day, the load of the slow tissues wont (again, IMO) be significant. And after 16hours, I feel like the "mid duration" tissues will have decreased enough that I would have no problem hopping on a plane.

I haven't done a study, so have no such data to share, but I have read some from reputable orgs like DAN.

My internet 'filter' works, so "IMO" posts won't shape my approach to dive safety. Unfortunately there may be newer divers who may mistakenly think "IMO" posts actually have substance behind it.

16 hours is plenty much imo... AFAIK, there's no feel of a need to implement tissues with higher half-times than the current ones at around 12hours if I remember correctly. Getting significant saturation on such a tissue does not seem that easy to me. It's also a matter of "5 dives a day" or "1 dive a day". "A week of diving" means nothing.

DAN's recommendations are:

12 hours for a single dive.
18 hours for repetitive or multi-day diving.

These were formulated to provide a high degree of safety. Who doesn't want a high degree of safety?

DAN's recommendations are:

12 hours for a single dive.
18 hours for repetitive or multi-day diving.

These were formulated to provide a high degree of safety. Who doesn't want a high degree of safety?

Done on best guess work tables..

Jim..

So I assume you add about 1 hour of deco time on top of your deco schedules? Who wouldn't want some safety?

People should figure it for themselves. Following blindly is not what I call "figuring out".

So I assume you add about 1 hour of deco time on top of your deco schedules? Who wouldn't want some safety?
Reductio ad absurdum argument. I expected better from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom