Planning to stay at Casa Mexicana, what are my dive op options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LWith58:
We are planning a trip for Jan 05, and are seriously considering staying at the Casa Mexicana Hotel. I can’t seem to find much information sensible options for diving out of the Casa. I realize that there are several dive operators on the island. I’m just trying to get some suggestions on which op makes the most sense to dive with while staying at the Casa.

Some considerations would be nearby pickup, gear storage and we are 4 divers with novice – intermediate experience.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Lee
All the folks here @ S.B. have given you good choices. Aqua Safari, good. Dive Paradise is also an option. They are walking distance from your hotel and you can leave your gear in secure lockers @ the Barracuda. Deep Blue are also good. You can't go wrong with either of them. Have a great time. Don't worry about it. There are really no bad dive operators in Coz. If there are they aren't there for long. Good Viz & Good Divin

originaljonathan:
and also tends to cattleboat. They also tend to enforce very conservative dive profiles and are not tolerant of computer diving. If you are a novice-to-early-intermediate diver who doesn't want computer-based freedom and who doesn't mind diving with a mixed crowd, then you may find Aqua Safari perfectly fine for your needs.
<')///><
Wow, We're impressed with you. I, me, my....SOS... act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk. We, (PuP and I) found the "cattle boats" spacious and never had more than 8-10 divers of various skillsets.....then again, it's nice to just let them go out ahead and hang back with the trailing DM, and enjoy all your air, surface when you run low. Max depth 98Ft and several dives over an hour. Again, we earned that privilege. We dove nitrox, computers with the imfamous brain back-ups and BP/wings. So don't come off with saying you can't be a well experienced diver and have a good time diving with the "less experienced" divers. If we want 30 dives a week, we'll do Cocoview....but we did mangage 16 dives in 5 days and never a repeat site our last visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom