Plastic backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for your replies.
This is the most active community I have seen online and off.

Any suggestion for a plate like in the link?

Thanks shftrdog for the offer. But I am confused whether I should order a Seac sub Icaro or a bp and w.

Best,
Avin

If you want a plastic plate that is configured like a standard backplate, look at the Kydex plates from Deep Sea Supply. The Kydex is extremely strong and somewhat flexible, so it's unlikely to break when stressed. I've been diving my Kydex plate (with doubles, in caves) for five or six years now, with no issues whatsoever. The plate is standard camband slots, so you can put two cambands on it for single tank diving, but also has holes for doubles hardware. It's considerably more expensive than the plastic plate, but I suspect far more durable.

I have used the Freedom plate in Al, that exact same molded backplate that you are looking at and the fabric one from Oxycheq that Nemrod referenced. The lightest and smallest if going to be the oxycheq model but I am not sure how well it holds up yet. I suspect the molded plastic one could outlast it but I don't have enough dives on it to tell yet. I have heard many good things about the Kydex plates that TSandM is talking about. My favorite is the Freedom plate but I think you might be hard pressed to find one.

---------- Post Merged at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:11 AM ----------

One more thing-if you get that plastic molded plate the bolt hole are deep. I wanted to let you know so if you order it you can order the right size bolts (if you are going to attach a wing). Off hand I don't know what size it is but I do know I didn't have anything at the house that would fit. I am sure if you order one they can hook you up.

Great thanks for the ideas...
The plan now is to get a icaro bc. seac ice regs and one plastic bp.
Go to red sea in Dec. try the bp with a wing from a friend.
All works well I save some dough. If not I lose only 12$

Seems right?

Best,
Avin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom