Plate size ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott in AK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hiya

I am going to be ordering a rig from you next week.
I have a question.
I am 6'3", I have a long torso (and a little "wider")so I am wondering if I would need the large, or long patern?

I will be diving dry with a HP119 single. I am leaning toward a LCD 30, and a profit

Scott in AK:
Hiya

I am going to be ordering a rig from you next week.
I have a question.
I am 6'3", I have a long torso (and a little "wider")so I am wondering if I would need the large, or long patern?

I will be diving dry with a HP119 single. I am leaning toward a LCD 30, and a profit

The "Large", "Long Pattern" and "Extra Long Pattern" plates all share the same width.

You could use a Large or Long Pattern. The Long Pattern may be the better choice.

I'd suggest a Hogarthian Harness unless you have compelling reason to use a Pro-Fit, Hogarthian Hanrnesses are not difficult, just different.

Wing size is more dependant on Exposure suit Buoyancy than anything else. What are you using for a suit and how buoyant is it?

Tobin

Hey Tobin

I am wearing a CF200 (DUI) with a pretty thick undergarment.
Worthington 119cf steel tank.

Thanks
Scott

Scott in AK:
Hey Tobin

I am wearing a CF200 (DUI) with a pretty thick undergarment.
Worthington 119cf steel tank.

Thanks
Scott

Scott,

To size a wing I need to know either how buoyant you are in just your DS. i.e. if we put you in your undies and suit only how much lead would be required to get you neutral?

If you tell me what BC you currently use, with which tank (119?) and how much lead I can estimate the buoyancy of your suit. If you carry other negative gear , can light etc. let me know.

Tobin

Tobin,

Those are great questions, it would be nice to be able to answer them correctly :)
I just recived the suit and undergarment last week, and I have the tanks on order.

It is going to be at least another month till I can get to some water that is not frozen solid, -35f here today.
So perhaps it may be a good idea to put this on hold for a bit.

As soon as my tanks get here I will be taking all of my gear to the pool to do some weight/trim tests, but most of my diving will be cold salt water (Gulf of Alaska)

Thanks
Scott

Scott in AK:
Tobin,

Those are great questions, it would be nice to be able to answer them correctly :)
I just recived the suit and undergarment last week, and I have the tanks on order.

It is going to be at least another month till I can get to some water that is not frozen solid, -35f here today.
So perhaps it may be a good idea to put this on hold for a bit.

As soon as my tanks get here I will be taking all of my gear to the pool to do some weight/trim tests, but most of my diving will be cold salt water (Gulf of Alaska)

Thanks
Scott

I have to admit you have the best reason yet for now having the info I need, -35F yikes! Let me know when you are ready.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom