PLBs and Nautilus Lifeline in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before considering the purchase and importation of radio transmitters, cordless and cellular phones, and similar equipment, check with the Telecommunications Authority of Fiji that the devices meet Fiji technical standards.
How bizarre. I hope Lorenzoid is correct. Otherwise, Fiji customs likely has millions of confiscated smartphones stored somewhere. I don't know anyone who travels without a phone these days. Maybe Fiji has a website where you can buy used iPhone 10 and Galaxy S9 phones at discount prices?

Visited Fiji few years ago. Didn't carry any PLBs or radio transmitters with us so no help here.
Don't recall any warning from travel agent regarding potential issues at customs with radio/cell devices.

@Lorenzoid - Did you make it to Fiji? Any problems with radios/PLBs?

My PLB caught no attention. What they ARE concerned about is agricultural contamination. Don't bring snacks off the plane.

Both my PLB and Nautilus Lifeline got into Fiji. However, the regulator for my Spar Air didn't make it back to the US...

I took the Spare Air regulator off the cylinder, and placed it into a Ziplock bag. Both items were in my checked baggage. When I unpacked my gear, I discovered the regulator was missing from my bag.

I took the Spare Air regulator off the cylinder, and placed it into a Ziplock bag. Both items were in my checked baggage. When I unpacked my gear, I discovered the regulator was missing from my bag.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like theft...

I took both a PLB and a Lifeline last summer. I don't know if they saw them, but if they did they certainly didn't do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom