PLBs Can Save Your Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Rock Island Aggressor handed out a Nautilus to any guest who wanted to carry one. No charge unless you lost it.

But many liveaboards do have AIS. Hence the popularity of the new gen Nautilus on liveaboards.

I think 9 out of 12 liveaboards that I have ever been onboard, have AIS. Six of them provide (loan) Nautilus Lifeline or Marine Rescue GPS for their guests at free of charge.

The Rock Island Aggressor handed out a Nautilus to any guest who wanted to carry one. No charge unless you lost it.

So do Palau Aggressor II, Maldives Aggressor II, Argo, Nautilus Undersea, Galápagos Masters, Spoilsport.

To add some more info, when you register your PLB you have a login that you can update. So, for example lets say you live in Florida and dive off your boat to your usual spots. You could input that info.

Coincidentally, I was trying to add a location for an upcoming trip but couldn't find where to do that on the NOAA website. Any idea where to look after logging in?

Coincidentally, I was trying to add a location for an upcoming trip but couldn't find where to do that on the NOAA website. Any idea where to look after logging in?

US Beacon Registration

There is a button “Manage Registration”

Just tap on it & follow the instructions

Then you’ll get a sticker in the mail to stick it on your PLB, as shown below.

F30A51C0-6EBD-470B-A87E-BF932A7C9959.jpeg

That's very cool, they should update their "Know Before You Go" sheet.

"Lifelines are recommended and are available for rent for $25 per unit per week. Dive alerts and safety
sausages are required and are available for use at no charge."

I went to NOAA - Search and Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking - Register Your Beacon, clicked Register Now, logged in, then went to Manage Registrations. I could then edit Beacon Usage, so I put in the regions under Additional Information in which I dive. I do not know if that is the best way to provide the information!

That's very cool, they should update their "Know Before You Go" sheet.
Thee were the new Marine Rescue GPS units, not the older Lifelines. Yes, they should update!

I got that part, thanks. I can't find where to add/edit usage location notes after logging in.

In “Manage Registration” page, there is another button for “Edit Owner / Operator Information”. Tap on that and fill out the additional info on the bottom of the page, below your name.

432DDBC0-FFCD-4B93-9579-7027E026E09A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom