Please delete my account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefox, Ad Blocker on Linux mint no problems :wink:

Firefox, Ad Blocker on Linux mint no problems :wink:

I use Firefox, Ad Blocker, on Win 10 and occasionally SB will crash on me. But it never did it before "upgrading" from Win 8 to Win 10 (thank you MS for the automatic, no-questions asked update that I declined for months and months) so I can rule out FF & AB as being a problem. Win 10 on a 4-year old laptop? That's why I was refusing the upgrade. You're good to run Mint. Linux runs on just about anything that will power up.

@SCRedWolf I have been using Linux for over 10 years as my main OS used to beta test Ubuntu. I typically buy a refurbished computer that has the most current stable windoze and install Linux in a dual boot configuration. I am usually using the Linux but some programs like GoPro Studio make me keep a windoze boot too.

Have similar issues. Often takes forever to load a page and have come close to pulling the pin as Doc Harry did.

Regularly get a message that a page does not have a valid certificate. Don't think it is Scubaboard itself, but is some of the ads that are displayed. Some are not well behaved. That is going to be somewhat an individual experience depending on your browsing history.

I suppose I could install an ad blocker, but I actually don't mind them by and large - except when I do (not logical I know).

Not asking for help - 30 + years in IT means I really don't need it, just that this is not just one user's experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom