Please delete my account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty high. I was trying to be gentle and advise him not to come back. The more he came back, the more poo was flung....

It happened and it sucked. I don't get upset by what my mods do in most cases as they can be reversed. That was against our policies, still is and I was pretty pissed. Fortunately, I forgive quickly.

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying.

We don't delete users. We don't delete users. We don't delete users.

Hmm, but I'm not clear on something. Do you delete users? :p

I get that people don't want to be responsible for what they post but that's their problem. I looked into this a bit and my first thoughts were indeed correct: Is limited solo diving completely insane for a new diver? How dare @tursiops tell him that his instructor broke standards! Oh, the toxicity of trying to keep people safe from instructors who do the wrong thing. [/sarcasm]

Ah, I see the connection then. I tried to be helpful, as the OP is in the neighborhood next door and I know some great folks up there. I didn't see him wanting to listen to anything he didn't want to hear, so I left my participation at that. Funny the individual you bring up about toxicity. Maybe not thread, but many others. I think anyone that has been on this board long enough knows we are not the best of friends. Sadly, he did not grant me my request I sent via PM to add me to his ignore list.

It happened and it sucked. I don't get upset by what my mods do in most cases as they can be reversed. That was against our policies, still is and I was pretty pissed. Fortunately, I forgive quickly.

We don't delete users. We don't delete users. We don't delete users.

I get that people don't want to be responsible for what they post but that's their problem. I looked into this a bit and my first thoughts were indeed correct: Is limited solo diving completely insane for a new diver? How dare @tursiops tell him that his instructor broke standards! Oh, the toxicity of trying to keep people safe from instructors who do the wrong thing. [/sarcasm]

I don’t think it was @tursiops ’ post. It was this one:

Tursiops, I completely agree with you, as I am sure nearly all instructors do. But trying to explain this to someone that is not an instructor is probably a waste of your time. Like trying to explain calculus to a dog, they just have no idea what you're talking about (and would rather you just give them a treat.)

That was rather unbecoming of someone who is an “instructor”, but that discussion is more appropriate for the other ongoing thread: Who am I talking to?

Insinuating someone is a dog is just bad manners. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
This was the post that started it all.
That was rather unbecoming of someone who is an “instructor”, but that discussion is more appropriate for the other ongoing thread: Who am I talking to?
It certainly says a bit about the poster, doesn't it? However, the post was not reported by anyone. Was it harsh? Certainly a bit. Was it directed solely at him? No, not really. Not at all. I know that I don't hold similar beliefs about non-instructors as he does and would be reticent about employing someone like that to further my diving education. It works both ways here. Overly harsh users damage their reputations just as much as people who promote training outside of standards.

Again, if an instructor tells you that another instructor broke standards, then trying to justify that action is pretty incendiary. The initial statement was going to draw criticism, but then defending that practice will draw even harsher criticism. People are already thinking that you're not that smart and then you go and remove all doubt.

If you make controversial statements, then you should really put on that big boy underwear. Doubly so if you go on to defend the controversy. I'm glad that people quoted him so we have a record of the posts where he deleted content.

Sadly, he did not grant me my request I sent via PM to add me to his ignore list.

Why not simply put him on your ignore list ?

Why not simply put him on your ignore list ?
I have. But it that doesn’t work like Facebook’s block feature. I wish it did. I’ve received a heads up on him responding to my comments with nonsense. It is already old.

BTW, this thread is evidence of his wanting to promote drama... he started it less than an hour after he sent his request to site support. I usually check support@ScubaBoard.com first thing in the am and won't babysit it all day. I find it harder and harder to generate any sympathy for the situation. I guess I am fresh out of craps to give here.

Insinuating someone is a dog is just bad manners. Plain and simple.

I don't feel that they were insinuating someone was a dog, but rather, no matter how hard they would try, they would not be able to get that person to grasp that concept. Assuming that I am correct in that, I do agree with that statement. No one is stopping anyone from buying a manual from Amazon and teaching themselves. I would like to think that even the least responsible and fairly negligent instructors would strongly recommend against that. Just like many of us would argue against eating Tide pods. But people insist. <shrug> what can we do?

We miss the contributions of the member formerly known as AWAP

Back
Top Bottom