PLEASE: Don't dive without DAN insurance AND the cheapest plan is the Wrong one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anywhere and anytime a diver or a doctor needs information about a diving issue or dive injury, they can call DAN and get good advice, for free. To me, that is worth something. I buy the insurance from Dan for my own peace of mind, and also as a way to support the work that DAN does.

Here is an update on a young fellow injured last winter. From his mother joining in on the accident discussion thread, it seems that they were diving without computers, with newly acquired larger tanks, and without DAN coverage. He seems to come from a well off family who has/had waterfront vacation homes & boats on one of the Great Lakes and on the Florida Keys as well, but I bet an extra $250,000 in coverage would still help. I think I'll keep my Preferred plan...

www.wzzm13.com : Grand Rapids : Money raised going toward paralyzed tennis player

I think they made some fundamental errors in their dive plans, but nonetheless - this sort of thing can really happen to any of us.

And the type of diving you do, or where you dive, really has no bearing on whether you should have dive insurance , or even what level to get
... my friend was hurt (through no fault of hers) on an easy peasy dive in her own back yard and needed every penny of DAN's Preferred Plan

Not trying to scare new divers ... As I said, it's not the most likely thing to happen, but if it does, having good insurance will be one thing less to worry about

www.wzzm13.com : Grand Rapids : Money raised going toward paralyzed tennis player

I think they made some fundamental errors in their dive plans, but nonetheless - this sort of thing can really happen to any of us.

If your point is that bad things can happen to any of us, I agree. If your point is that making sure you have solid insurance coverage (from whatever source), I agree.

The example you cite was a tragic accident -- but not one I would likely use as an example here... ( And "some fundamental errors in their dive plans" really understates the issues in that dive)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom