Please help me PID this 1st and 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impilcature

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got this for free the guy said he really didn't know what it was that it had been passed around b/t some friends of his as a backup. If anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate it. My best guess is a Genesis, but what model and the age of it is anybody's guess. Thanks.

SAM_0133.jpg

It's definitely a Genesis and one that has not seen very good care. If you could post a better view of the 1st stage it would help. It could be a GF200 1st that the manual is available for but without seeing it from the side it's hard to tell. What I can tell you from the pics is that this reg definitiely needs serviced as evidenced by the corrosion around the connection to the second and on the hose ends at the 1st stage. They are not hard to do and parts are available. The second is likely their standard octo as evidenced by the color of the purge cover. It's most likely a good entry level reg. Damn shame that the previous owners allowed it to get in such condition.

Thank you very much. Is there a place i can get a rebuild kit for this. I have been reading Mr. Harlow's book and would like to use this donated rig to learn the basics on.

Hi,

Came across this post while looking for info on an old Genesis Reg a friend gave to me. He had taken it to Sport Chalet for servicing, but it was sent back because they couldn't find the parts. He gave it to me and I figured like impilcature that it would be a great guinea pig for learning the basics of Reg. Rebuilds on. Here are a few photos... IMAG1017.jpgIMAG1018.jpg I believe it is a GF200 from what i could see comparing it to a service manual I found. Any help with identification and where I could by a rebuild kit would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Trevor

If you have the parts available to measure and a caliper, I'd recommend finding appropriate parts in the Trident catalog found here: TRIDENT-DIVING-ACCESSORIES

I've been digging for parts for some old regs and I'm finding good success finding matching parts in the catalog. Now, getting a local shop to order parts for me may still be an issue but I'll tackle that when I have a full parts list.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out and see what I can find

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom