Please help settle a Sanctum Bet - Warning: Spoiler Alert!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first 20 minutes or so.. I thought "wow this 3D is as great way to see a movie, it's so much improved since I took the kids to Disney 10 years ago".

Then it just got sort of old, really fast.

I liked the movie but I'm one of the few it seems.

I liked it as well... many people (not necessarily here) have commented on little character development, unlikable characters, unrealistic happenings and a few others...

I gotta be honest, I didn't catch anything that was inaccurate at all, especially related to the diving portion... The only thing I thought was unreasonable was the wetsuits they were wearing... doing a long enough, deep enough dive to incur a 2 hour deco obligation, even in temperate waters would probably warrant a drysuit, or, at minimum a very thick full suit. No doubt they adjusted the wetsuits to be attractive instead of functional...

As far as the lead guy, I think the way he goes about things is completely rational, and I liked him very much. In life or death situations, there is little room to be emotional.

As far as not being realistic as far as almost everyone dieing, well... IMO, the more realistic scenario may have been that everyone dies...

I wish I could have seen it in 3d, honestly. I think it was very cool how the movie was shot. They actually trained the actors from step 1 so that the actors truly were the ones in the dive gear. Even the sharing of the FFM - was done by the actual actors... It was a condition of being in the film that they be able to dive and do those parts themselves!

I saw it yesterday. The 2 D version is at a dollar theater here in Columbus.

I thought it was "average"..and agree it was more about caving and hauling the stuff around rather than diving. The first 20 minutes or so I imagine would be great in 3D or Imax, the rest, maybe not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom