Please offer your creative ideas for purposely sunken SCUBA diving items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lancelot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I had a dream last night that I actually constructed a replica Apollo space (crew) capsule for purposes of sinking it in Gilboa Quarry. Upon awakening I realized this could be an INCREDIBLY cool idea for a diving adventure. It would be a great picture opportunity as well. I assume that an original Apollo space capsule would be cost prohibitive so a replica is my best idea. :D Please offer some of your creative ideas for sunken dive opportunities. Thanks all.

Lance

Or a replica of a WWII Japanese mini sub like the ones that were involved in the attack on Pearl Harbor. Good idea?

Lance

One of our local quarries has a school bus, and it is neat. Getting it ready to sink (particularly getting all of the oil, fluids etc out) wasn't easy, apparently. Have you seen the Apollo command module in the Smithsonian? A tin can --- I'd rather see a Starship enterprise replica

We have been sinking plastic skeletons in various activities. For a long time just Mr Bones was down there alone. Now he has a blonde girlfriend. The we have fisher bones who is fishing and Momma and baby bones. Word has it there there will soon be boater and skier bones down there. There is a toilet near by, so potty bones might be coming soon. Who knows

Lancelot:
Hi All,

I had a dream last night that I actually constructed a replica Apollo space (crew) capsule for purposes of sinking it in Gilboa Quarry. Upon awakening I realized this could be an INCREDIBLY cool idea for a diving adventure. It would be a great picture opportunity as well. I assume that an original Apollo space capsule would be cost prohibitive so a replica is my best idea. :D Please offer some of your creative ideas for sunken dive opportunities. Thanks all.

Lance

While this isn't a Apollo space capsule, the Madison Quarry does have some "cool Space Junk" as SupRbugman called it sunk it in. There is a huge NASA facility in town and they "donate" lots of items to be sunk. This includes a mock up of Space Lab, a titan capsule simulator, a MinuteMan missle and an F-4 fighter.

How many quarrys do you see a Minute Man missile in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom