Pockets etc for 06 Scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anzac65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I understand that the Scout is updated for this year and took advantage by purchasing an outgoing model from ZeagleUK at a good price. My question is, can I add pockets like those illustrated on the new model, and if so, how ? Do they use the grommet holes or.......... ? Thanks.

Nick.

I have one of the older Scouts.
I added the one of the Zeagel Sport Utility pockets to my Scout.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/ZGLS...l&AdvSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=0&Hit=1
I slide it over the waist strap and behind the shoulder strap. I also added a grommet to the strap on the pocket and use one of the plastic bolts (the ones used on the Ranger cumberbuns) to attach the pocket to the BC in a hole that already is in the BC. I have also added crotch straps to the BC. I likely have the most modified Scout around...and really like it.

Just going off the topic but still discussing the Scout, I just purchased the old model (epecting to get the new). I decided to just keep what I had and not exchange for the new model. Anyways, I find that with my current weight system of 26 lbs, that I can't seem to get the positive boyancy when on the surface. My face hardly clears the water. I find it really scary if I take my second stage out of my moluth in fear of taking in water. Is this normal? I don't want to lower my weights just yet as I find it just right when I want neutral bouyancy down below.

herman:
I have one of the older Scouts.
I added the one of the Zeagel Sport Utility pockets to my Scout.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/ZGLS...l&AdvSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=0&Hit=1
I slide it over the waist strap and behind the shoulder strap. I also added a grommet to the strap on the pocket and use one of the plastic bolts (the ones used on the Ranger cumberbuns) to attach the pocket to the BC in a hole that already is in the BC. I have also added crotch straps to the BC. I likely have the most modified Scout around...and really like it.

Thanks for your tips Herman. :14:

Minipinny:
Just going off the topic but still discussing the Scout, I just purchased the old model (epecting to get the new). I decided to just keep what I had and not exchange for the new model. Anyways, I find that with my current weight system of 26 lbs, that I can't seem to get the positive boyancy when on the surface. My face hardly clears the water. I find it really scary if I take my second stage out of my moluth in fear of taking in water. Is this normal? I don't want to lower my weights just yet as I find it just right when I want neutral bouyancy down below.

What lift is your bladder Minipinny ? Mine is 35lbs although the web (I think) states 24lbs as standard. Perhaps you could swap it out ? I'm well short on experience, but 26lbs sounds a LOT of weight to me. I'm sure you'll get good advice if you post your question on a general forum. Good luck.

Minipinny:

If it's the older Scout, the bladder has 35lbs of lift. If I read your question correctly, you are wearing 26lbs of weight. Properly weighted, you should need little additional buoyancy at the surface, esp in cold water considering the buoyancy of your wet/dry suit. My guess and mind you it's a guess, is your overweighed by a good bit. Remember you should be exactly neutral at the surface with ZERO air in your BC at the END of your dive or overweighed by about 5lbs (for an 80cf tank) at the beginning of your dive. The BC bladder is for compensating for wetsuit compression and loss of air during the dive. A thick wetsuit can require a good bit of lift at depth but you regain that buoyancy at the surface hence the need for a good bit of weight at the surface. At the surface and properly weighted, anything over 5 lbs of lift is excess that can be used for lifting you higher in the water.
My suggestion, do a good weight check and while doing it, have someone watch your feet. It is very common for divers to instinctively kick while at the surface, increasing the weight they "need" to get under.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom