• Generally Republican

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Generally Democrat

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • No association with either party

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the premise is a good one. Just curiosity without the need to get into a debate about which party or affiliation is the one to carry the nation.

It's funny that this came up because the other night I was diving with a guy I had met at a DIR event. Now talk about stirring up controversy just say DIR within earshot of a group of divers! Anyway, he was commenting that it is an interesting group of folks, us divers, because we can meet, dive, have a bite to eat afterward and never have to get into politics or religion. We can just talk diving - even if bashing DIR - for hours!

I voted!

The people I dive with range politically from the far left to the far right. We get along very well because of our love of diving. We know that if we started talking politics that would really start some fights.

Just because our political opinions vary doesn't mean we can't be respectful of each other and when politics come up have a civilized debate.

Bob Dole is actually a conservative republican. :) Not that it matters. Just thought you might like to know.

Dole is called a conservative, I'd dispute that, IMO he's moderate at best. A wheeler dealer willing to go along to get along, conservative principals take a backseat to passing legislation Dole is a republican not all republicans are conservatives.

Those who cannot determine which political party's platform is more to their liking should probaly not dive deeper than 30ft IMO...

lol

@Johny I don't mean to say that one side politically is going to be more competent than another, if that is how people took it. It literally is just curiosity, and has absolutely no affect on how I view other divers or diving in general. No offense taken by your post. Seems people have been pretty responsible about their posts thus far.

I was taking a shot at the no party affiliation group. Those with so little interest in the affairs of our country who do not study the issues do not impress me.

I was taking a shot at the no party affiliation group. I should have been more clear.

I agree, and disagree with both parties. I consider myself independant. So that makes me a bad diver?

I live in a reality-based reality. No political stripe is wide enough to cover my territory.

DC

Please read this before voting

The moment I got into the sport, I have often wondered what the views were of the majority of other divers. It has seemed to me, that scuba diving would attract a more democratic/liberal/progressive/left wing crowd rather than a republican/conservative/tea party/right wing crowd.

<snip>

I also did several searches similar on SB and didn't find anything like this, so if I missed it please feel free to link me to it and close this :)

You obviously haven't visited The Pub yet.

In today's political climate it might have been nice to add a Libertarian option.

It just seemed to me that exploring and protecting reefs is more of an environmentalist hobby than anything else, and judging from what i've seen they tend to lean left. That was my only reasoning behind it, and its clearly just speculation i know. I was hoping to get more votes than what is had by this time...
And then you have the spear fishing and lobstering crowd which would "generally" indicate a group that leans right. :wink:

...It's funny that this came up because the other night I was diving with a guy I had met at a DIR event...
I was gonna make a joke about the DIR folks "doing it the RIGHT way", therefore they probably have conservative leanings. :D

I voted.

I agree, and disagree with both parties. I consider myself independent. So that makes me a bad diver?

The parties are so dissimilar I just cannot imagine falling between the two. I do not wish to derail the thread any further. I am sure you are a good diver. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom