Pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Callo21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering where would you put the pony bottle that it really wouldn't get in the way. It just seems like you already have so much on you, and I really don't like things hanging off of me. Thanks

It looks like it would be in your way when its slung but it really isn't. I have done about 50 dives with a pony this year and find it very accessable yet not in my way slung on my right.

Most people sling bottles to the left but I found that having my SPG, power inflator, and pony on the left was to much so I put it on the right now. Just my $.02

Callo21:
I was wondering where would you put the pony bottle that it really wouldn't get in the way. It just seems like you already have so much on you, and I really don't like things hanging off of me. Thanks

Callo21:
I carry a 104cu ft pony bottle, its mounted next to my primary tank (also a 104 cu ft tank). Both tanks are tied together with a manifold....works great & best of all no danglies!

David K

I back mount my 19, on a QuickDraw. It's pretty much unnoticeable, I keep the reg clipped at my waist.

I sling an AL 40 on the left. It simply floats under my arm and doesn't get in the way at all.

With a BC I have an Al 40 on a bottle Buddy on right side of main tank.
BP&W I sling a Steel 45 on my right.

I have a 19 and mount it right next to my main tank. Wife has one also with the quick draw bracket and loves it.

You know what's less of a hassle than slinging and AL80 under your left arm? Slinging a 40CF pony.
You know what's less of a hassle than slinging a 40 CF pony? Backmounting it. Like I used to do.
Yes, I now sling it. Is it easier than backmounting it? NO. It takes some getting used to.
If your priority is to dive with it always out of the way, then backmount it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom