Pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That has a quick-connect device which makes it simple to install and uninstall. The aluminum "holder" stays on my tank band at all times. When I'm solo diving I just snap two pins into place and the pony sits beside my regular tank. I really like it and don't notice any additional drag.

That has a quick-connect device which makes it simple to install and uninstall. The aluminum "holder" stays on my tank band at all times. When I'm solo diving I just snap two pins into place and the pony sits beside my regular tank. I really like it and don't notice any additional drag.

Don't you notice a rolling force due to the neg buoyancy of the pony?

I have a 19 and mount it right next to my main tank. Wife has one also with the quick draw bracket and loves it.

This is the second referance to the "Quick Draw" bracket. What is it? Sounds like what I might be looking for. Any pic's or a Web Site?

Don't you notice a rolling force due to the neg buoyancy of the pony?

If the tank were to have enough negative buoyancy for you to notice while diving then move some weight to the opposite side.

How would you get it out of the quick draw? Do you have to take your BCD off or something, I'm sure you don't but, I was just wondering. It looks like you have to take the pin off. Thanks.

If you look at the link below it shows a photo of a quick draw. It's really simple ... your BCD strap goes through the triangular part and stays there, even when you aren't using the pony bottle. The round part and two long pins are attached to your pony bottle. After your normal tank is on your BC you simply sllide the mechanism that's on the tank into the triangular-thingie and slip the two pins down through the holes shown. Each pin has a small spring-loaded (I think) ball bearing at the bottom that keeps them from slipping out while you are diving. I connected the line connecting the two pins to my pony bottle with a zip tie so I don't lose them.

I tried a couple of other approaches before running across the QUick draw, but all the other ones were more cumbersome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom