Pool meeting??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

At the last meeting some expressed an interest in having a meeting at a pool to brush up on skills and practice with each other before the dive season is in full swing.

I'm pretty sure I can get us in to a pool near the Buffalo Airport on Saturday April 23rd. Cost would be pobably $10 to $12 per diver. We would be sharing the pool with students and would have to avoid interfering with the class.
Anyone Interested??

Or.......Discover Divings Annual Pool Party is this Saturday the 16th. $25 practice skills in the pool or just have fun. Then back to the shop for Pizza, Pop, and Prizes. Some of the prizes this year are: Suunto Gekko Computer, A Dive Light, and Aluminum 80, and more.

Thoughts ???

Or........now that the water is a Balmy 37f we could just meet at Deep Run Park for a get aquainted dive!! :crafty:

Any other Ideas??

PS. How warm does the water have to be for our wetsuit wearing members to join us in openwater??

Tavi,
I'm off so if you can get it together I'll go. I cant go to DD's pool party as I will be working. Why does it seem like I am the only person who works weekends?. Anyway, I'm in for the 23rd. Let us know what you need.

Ken

I can't do the 16th or the 23rd. And I'd need warm water to do a dive wet!! At least in the 60's. I hear Roberts Weslyn has a pool we can use.

Hi I am in the same boat, I am unable to make either dates. As for the water temp, I am a chicken to dive in water below 70 with my wetsuit.

Unfortunately, I can't do the 23rd. One of my best friend's son is having a birthday party. I will however be at DD's pool party this weekend.

hnladue:
I can't do the 16th or the 23rd. And I'd need warm water to do a dive wet!! At least in the 60's. I hear Roberts Weslyn has a pool we can use.

Are you going to see about arranging it??

When? and how much $ / diver??

At least 60's!?!?!? :wink:
So you won't be doing Deep Run Park with us at all this year, or you'll be staying shallow. ( I really don't know how much it warms up at depth)

I've dove Canadaguia b4... it gets warm!! I can do cold water at depth(30's), but I like to warm on the surface to warm up!

I'll see what I can find out about Roberts W. An instructor I know mentioned it.

hnladue:
I've dove Canadaguia b4... it gets warm!! I can do cold water at depth(30's), but I like to warm on the surface to warm up!

I'll see what I can find out about Roberts W. An instructor I know mentioned it.

Thanks Heather.

BTW, I like it too when I warm up as I ascend. That didn't happen Sunday!! :)

Rick -

Just got off the phone with Ben @ DD. I'll be renting some doubles for Saturday's pool party and Sunday's diving. Are you going to be at Deep Run or "elsewhere"?

I won't be able to go to the pool party, :17: but I really wanted to.

I went and got a stupid job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom