Pool meeting??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lil' Irish Temper:
Alright, Let's hear about the Pool Party! Derek ? I know Rick had a blast, who else went? Let the "rubbing it in, start" :D

It was a good time. It was great to get in the water again, even though I was a bit overweighted and my trim was way off. My son had fun in the SASSY unit, but I think it's going to be quite a few years before he'll be ready to really "try" scuba. Dallas and Darryl were great hosts. Other than the "great buffalo wing snafu of 2005" it was a blast. I came close on two of the prizes during the poker game, but alas, it wasn't to be.

I rented a set of Faber 85s and a Dive Rite Classic Wing. Darryl gave me his personal tanks that hadn't even been in water yet. Talk about customer service. DD is a great shop, and I only wish I had found them about 8 months ago....

I signed up for the DUI demo days, looking forward to having a fantastic time with the DD crew!

Derek S:
It was a good time. It was great to get in the water again, even though I was a bit overweighted and my trim was way off. My son had fun in the SASSY unit, but I think it's going to be quite a few years before he'll be ready to really "try" scuba. Dallas and Darryl were great hosts. Other than the "great buffalo wing snafu of 2005" it was a blast. I came close on two of the prizes during the poker game, but alas, it wasn't to be.

I rented a set of Faber 85s and a Dive Rite Classic Wing. Darryl gave me his personal tanks that hadn't even been in water yet. Talk about customer service. DD is a great shop, and I only wish I had found them about 8 months ago....

I signed up for the DUI demo days, looking forward to having a fantastic time with the DD crew!

I'll see some of you at Dutch then. I am looking forward to DOG Days myself. We had a great time last year and I want to trim in those PST 130's a little more. Yes, I am also going through Discover Diving.

My goal this year... The Chopper!

If anyone wants to see what happened last year, go ahead and check here. You may recognize a few people.

What depth is the helicopter at?

60-80ft I think. Don't exactly remember as we couldn't find it last year. It's suspended from the surface.

hnladue:
60-80ft I think. Don't exactly remember as we couldn't find it last year. It's suspended from the surface.

A compass is your friend. :D

Better yet.... a MAP!!! They sell a slate at Dutch that has all the underwater attractions on it. Makes it much easier to find things.

hnladue:
Better yet.... a MAP!!! They sell a slate at Dutch that has all the underwater attractions on it. Makes it much easier to find things.

Heather!!! It's suspended from the surface, and you can't find it???

Hahahahahahahahahahah!!! :)

There are no lines to the helicopter. You have to surface swim or navigate.

I have my students get bearings from land, lining up with the floats for the bus and the plane. Then I have them navigate a circut underwater. Platform to plane to helicopter to bus to platform, Or the other way around.

The helicopter is about 45' but it's suspended in deeper water.

Sign up for the advanced class 4rth of July weekend. I'll show you how to find it!!

sorry, Debbie is reading this and laughing too!!

Okay, I'm done teasing you for today!!

I guess today is national pick on Heather day, 'eh? :D

I can't wait until Dutch!

I'll be at the DUI demo day as well. I'll show you foreigners around :crafty:

As for the copter, the main part of it is in 40-60' of water, depending on water levels and so forth. It's very easy to find the big pontoons it's hanging from, drop down, then check it out. Swimming away from it in any direction brings you to a line you can follow around to other stuff.

The east end of the quarry is by far the coolest.

Back
Top Bottom