Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar:
Well if she was cute and in a bikini then she was asking for it. Also, unless he invaded her space then he didnt do anything wrong....creepy or not. Maybe she needs to dress more appropriately while swimming to keep stuff like this from happening.

Yoohoo, wake up! NO woman EVER "ASKS FOR IT". You may be right about not invading her space, but if he made her uncomfortable, then he was staring too hard. Some women don't know what is appropriate to wear. Look at the clothes in the little girl's department of any store, they all dress like hoochies. Poor taste in clothing does not mean anybody is asking for it (whatever it represents).

Personally, I would pound him into dog doo.:smash:

Thank you for listening.

Diver0001:
the speculation that it's all blown out of proportion isn't any more "right" than speculation that it isn't. None of us were there and we're all second guessing each other in a fantasy world.

What we both seem to agree upon is that in some circumstances the woman should have been warned. That's good enough for me.

R..

He asked for our opinion so based on what he posted I think that confronting the guy wasn't subtle or warranted but yeah there are definitely circumstances that would warrant mentioning a potential threat.

jepuskar:
Well if she was cute and in a bikini then she was asking for it. Also, unless he invaded her space then he didnt do anything wrong....creepy or not. Maybe she needs to dress more appropriately while swimming to keep stuff like this from happening.
Perhaps something like this?

There used to be a bar in Waikiki that was a level down from the hotel pool. The back wall of the bar was glass looking into the pool. There were a lot of religious perverts drinking beer down there. Oh My God, did you see that, JC look at that! Lordy, Lordy aint nature wonderfu!

DennisS:
There used to be a bar in Waikiki that was a level down from the hotel pool. The back wall of the bar was glass looking into the pool. There were a lot of religious perverts drinking beer down there. Oh My God, did you see that, JC look at that! Lordy, Lordy aint nature wonderfu!

One walk through that bar would be enough to tell a women that she was going to be part of the show. That's a different deal.

There was no sign or warning on the deck up above that one wall of the pool was being viewed by the bar below. Tourists would arrive at the hotel and jump in the pool, unaware that there was a bar below. Someone told me, it's now frosted.

It seems to have been missed that more than one person found this person's behaviour objectionable. Not that numbers make it right, but there is more than just one person's judgement here.

However, I have a bit of a problem with how just looking can be objectionable to the point where you want to pound someone. I spent some time as a gravel truck driver and just looking was the only way you could make it through the day. (boring job)

I think subtly letting the girl know that there might be an issue is the best way to go here. I have seen the results of someone beeng wrongly accused of this kind of behaviour and its not pretty. However not warning the lady in question to alert her to a possible predator also has the potential for a bad situation.

Your approach of confronting directly as long as it was done privately was not a bad choice either IMO. Yes there is potential for misunderstanding and hurt, but at 40 something I suspect he will get over it. If there was the potential for something else then you have put him on notice that he was noticed and may just prevent him from pushing further.

just my 2 cents

1. It was a public place. No expectation of privacy.
2. He could only see what she chose to show. She picked the outfit and decided on how tight or loose it was, how thick or thin or translucent the material when wet was and how much of her body it covered.
3. As long as he was in his lane there should be no issues for anyone.
4. How is it that a female can expose 98% or more of her body, but if you look your a pervert?

While I appreciate that one or more persons thought he was looking a little too much, so what? Free country and a public place. No laws were broken and if anyone thought there were laws broken, then the police should (would) have been called.

I will agree that if his attentions had caused me discomfort, I might have kept an eye out for when she left to ensure she was not followed. But nothing more than that.

ZAquaman:
What would you do?

I was working out at the pool today. The guy sharing my lane had a new snorkel kit. It looked like something you might pick at a discount sporting goods store.

I didn't notice this guy too much until the couple in the next lane asked if I thought he was checking them out... They thought he was acting creepy. They left the pool shortly after and another girl jumped in their lane.

Now my workout was distracted, I was keeping an eye on the guy and he "was" acting really creepy obviously checking out this girl as she swam. Timing his laps so he could shadow her.

I was getting really pissed off about this and wondering what to do about it. I felt like knocking his mask off and introducing him to the bottom of the pool! I stopped him at the end of the pool and had a brief disscusion with him. He denied the whole thing and the conversation got a bit heated. He left the pool shortly after.

My question to all of you is simply: "What would you do"? And to the ladies out there, what would you like someone to do if they noticed a pervert shadowing you durring your pool work out? And finally, has this ever happened to anyone else?

I'm going to try to make a poll here...
OK folks, read this again. There isn't enough information here to act on. He could be Jack the Ripper or a harmless old fart but with the info posted one will never know.

It sounds like ZAquaman didn't notice anything until someone else pointed out the guy. Now take having suspicion already implanted prior to noticing him added to some actions not quite like everyone else and things can get blown out of proportion.

Taking the wrong action at the wrong time can end up with someone living in a house you still pay for.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom