Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a dude in a pool wearing a mask was just a dude in a pool with a mask on and nothing more. I would think that this same person is too weak minded to turn the TV off when a program they don't like comes on. They want the government to turn it off for everyone.

Being a guy, I'd laugh at the fairy

If I was a woman, I'd give him a show that only he could see with his goggles. If he's that desperate for apeak, he deserves some special attention... besides, if he tells someone about it... who's going to believe him... he'll look like a complete idiot.

As a Scuba Instructor I must say that we often train in pools beneath swimmers. A woman with a gorgeous swimmers body is hard to ignore. An occassional peak is to be expected... staring is plain old bad manners. You swimmers are often a major distraction to my students... I'm trying to teach life saving skills and you girls are distracting my students with your thong and speedo bathing suits...

If it really bothers you, perhaps you should wait until the divers get out of the pool before you go for a swim. If this is an idiot freak, not part of a class that just wears goggles to the pool for a thrill, I'd either give him the aforementioned show... if I was an exhibitionist... or if not, I'd report him to pool management... the 14 year old $7 an hour Lifeguard probably wouldn't know what to do or would be embarrassed by the whole thing...

Good Luck

annie:
>>Am I the only one who finds this social self policing disturbing ? <<

If someone noticed a sleazy guy perving on me I hope they would point it out before he follows me home.
There's a massive difference between these type of guys and normal guys. Creepy sleazebags are dangerous IMO and if they're noticed in a pool, you should point it out to either the lifeguard or the lady (maybe the lifeguard if you're not 100% sure). If they're harmless, they should learn not to inadvertently act like a sleaze and frighten people. It's not nice and might embarrass people but unfortunately there are dangerous people around.

what is "perving on me" exactly? and where may I learn to not act like a sleaze and frighten people? Do I have to take a separate class for every individual definition of "sleaze" and every individual fear that people have?

Gidds,
In Michigan we don't carry pepper spray any more, now it's legal to carry guns, it's much more effective.

plankspanker:
...and anyone talking about beating somebody up over it has anger management issues in addition to suffering from internet tough guy syndrome.

Man that statement pisses me off! Makes me want to go over to your house and kick your...oops! Sorry, got carried away.

I think bringing it to the woman's attention and letting her make the decision about how to deal with it is probably the best course of action in this case, being a public place and all.

If the dude in the pool was wearing a speedo he must be a creapy perv.

plankspanker:
Subtly warning someone of potential danger isn't a bad idea

Glad you see that.

but this situation in the pool sounded blown out of proportion from what was posted.

the speculation that it's all blown out of proportion isn't any more "right" than speculation that it isn't. None of us were there and we're all second guessing each other in a fantasy world.

What we both seem to agree upon is that in some circumstances the woman should have been warned. That's good enough for me.

R..

Well if she was cute and in a bikini then she was asking for it. Also, unless he invaded her space then he didnt do anything wrong....creepy or not. Maybe she needs to dress more appropriately while swimming to keep stuff like this from happening.

jepuskar:
Well if she was cute and in a bikini then she was asking for it. Also, unless he invaded her space then he didnt do anything wrong....creepy or not. Maybe she needs to dress more appropriately while swimming to keep stuff like this from happening.

Asking for what, Jason?

The same stupid logic is can often be heard in defending rape. "She was dressed in a mini-skirt, she deserved it".

Women, believe it or not, should be treated with respect, Jason. This might be hard for you to understand but someone elses choice of clothing is *never* an invitation for you to act disrespectfully (or worse) toward them.

R..

jepuskar:

Now that's more like the Jason we all know! Glad to see you took your skirt off! :D

... Asking for it? Give me a break! Where on the cuteness scale does it become OK to wear a bikini? Didn't do anything wrong? Maybe he should keep his eyes on where he is going instead of staring at her crotch. Dress more appropriately? What... she should wear jeans when she swims? Geeze.

Back
Top Bottom