Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I was contacted by whites on 01/10/2008 and have heard nothing at all.from whites or the dive shop.
Good afternoon Joe,
I am disturbed to hear that your dry suit has been out of commission so long. Have you spoken with Sand Hills Scuba recently about tracking down your suit? I will look into it further to see what I can find out. I will be waiting to hear back with your response.

PS: This is very unusual normally turn around on this type of thing, given all the information and suit shouldn't take more than 3 weeks.

Cheers,

South Regional Sales Manager
Eric Keating

yes I have tried repeatably to contact sand hills scuba!!!
no reply no answer and still today they haven't returned phone calls or emails.
twice been by the shop closed , maybe be winter hrs
a couple time have drove by while at work they wear open but wouldn't answer my phone call
I work on ambulance is why wasnt able to stop.

What the BEEP are you a bhoudist monk :confused:
You are one pacient cooky I would have blow my to 18 months ago

I had a problem with one company a few years ago.I had to wait 6 months to get a pair of boots fixed for a customer,well that company is out of my adressbook:D

Fixing a drysuit sould not take longer than 3/4weeks (if they have a lot of work due to saison.)

Medic13;
I too was given the runaround by an LDS who sat on my drysuit for 8 weeks and kept telling me that the drysuit manufacturer was at fault in the delay. It was only when I personally contacted the drysuit manufacturer and spoke to their customer service that I found out all the blaming on the drysuit mfr were lies. The LDS was at fault, never shipped it out of their store and never admitted that they were at fault.

As far as Whites is concerned, their suits are excellent and their customer service is excellent. Mike Peterson with Dive Right In Scuba (he's in this thread) has been really awesome in facilitating for Whites drysuits.

Don't let a crappy LDS get you down. There are good ones out there. Good luck!!

Medic13;

As far as Whites is concerned, their suits are excellent and their customer service is excellent. Mike Peterson with Dive Right In Scuba (he's in this thread) has been really awesome in facilitating for Whites drysuits.

I would think that Whites would put some heat on the dealer and be interested in fixing this problem even though the fault might not be Whites. As a customer, I look at dealers as an extension of the company, particularly for expensive high service products like drysuits. Part of having a good dealer network is making sure that the dealers don't screw the customers.

Rich

well I have heard nothing from whites since Jan 10th , talked to one of the shop sales person,briefly had to go due to a rescue call, anyway got run around didnt find out that I believe the suit was never shipped back to whites. anyway order my own dry suit a DUI TLS350 and three week later it arrived. but still either want my money or my dry suit. going to call via phone whites this week and see if they can put some heat on them.

I actually got a call today from sheriff department they served my papers at there house. So lets see what happens now, actually kind of surprised white dry suits had not responded back.
Sure makes them look bad too seeing how its one of there dealers.

actually kind of surprised white dry suits had not responded back.
Sure makes them look bad too seeing how its one of there dealers.
I'd guess that they're taking the understandable position of letting this develop between the two involved parties (you and the shop). If it's going to come to blows (i.e. court or the threat thereof), it's in their best interest to stay out of the line of fire. They would be counseled not to say something wrong or something that might open them up to a claim from either side.

I'm quite sure that they will take a look at what comes out of this, and I'm sure they find it quite regrettable that you have been so poorly served, but they too have been put in a bad situation here. They have no power except to revoke a dealer agreement, and if they act rashly, they can be sued for it. The shop's claimed harm would almost certainly be far greater than yours, and willfully exposing the company to that potential liability is not a position they may be able to take, as they are obligated to serve the best interest of the company.

Add on top of all that the likelihood that may be being told something completely different than your story, and not doing something might be all they can really do. (When you finally win in the end, be sure to forward all your information to them so they will have documentation to support whatever they end up wanting to do.)

Anyway, we're all staying tuned for the next installment of Tales Off The Deep End: The Drysuit Saga. If I'm ever in your area, I'll have to bring you some cookies. I make a great chocolate chip, and frankly, you deserve a dozen (perhaps a gross, actually).

Only problem with reversing charges is that this was a suit sent in for repair/alterations...that could have set up a "hostage" situation of sorts. But a month is really as long as I would have waited before starting to become a nuisance.

Not sure where where the "hostage" thing comes in.

The CC company would refund the customer's money, the dealer could do whatever they want.

Terry

Did you or didn't you pay the LDS with a credit card?????
If you did, you can dispute the charges within a certain time limit (which, now that the alteration thing has played out so long, might be long past anyway).
At the very least, the credit card company would suspend the charges, then conduct an investigation. If in fact they find you didn't receive the goods, you're all done. It's that simple.

BTW, white's not responding isn't legal wrangling, it's pure BS. They can and should respond, and being in a customer's aint cheap, take care of 'em type of business, I would think White's would GIVE you a drysuit provided you have receipts and can demonstrate the LDS hosed you. Or at least help you.
They can generally cancel dealer agreements at any time. They do not need to have cause, but even so a disagreement such as this, unless the OP is just a complete fabricator of this story, is certainly reason enough.
Very bizarre, I've shown this to my LDS who is considering bringing in White's. The owner is out on White's at this point. And I don't blame him.

So, just to clarify,,, DID YOU PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD????

Back
Top Bottom