Poor Knights: accessibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My apologies, PH, whilst making comments in jest I seem to have struck a nerve - I didn't realise that you were so sensitive.
No need to apologise Andy. I know it was just in jest. Although I am the first to admit there is truth in it.

As for there being a finacial arangement between us, I think you are over stating it a bit.
Actully there is a finacial agreement between sods :: Index and Poor Knights Divers, Poor Knights Islands, dive charters, diving, wreck diving, Tui, Waikato, dive equipment hire, Tutukaka, Northland, Whangarei .
All our members recieve a discount, and the cost of joining SODS can be covered after only one trip out on Shadowfax.

I should also point out to Thrillhouse that PKdive can also organise one nights accomdation from $30 (from memory) so this could be a good option if you want to head up the day before or leave the day after and take some stress out of the trip.

I have only just come across this thread so sorry I am a bit slow on the uptake here. Just to clarify... we HAD a recommend a friend scheme when we first started which we thought was a good idea, BUT since some people seemed to think it was some kind of bribe for people to recommend us when they otherwise wouldn't, we decided not to continue with it. I hope that people recommend us because they want to and for no other reason.

There are some people who recommend other charter operators because they work for them or have some other allegiance to them due to business connections etc. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Whilst it is fair to say Tutukaka goes pretty snoozy in the winter, ourselves, Adrenalin and Yukon, as well as DT, are still pretty active. We are out 6 out of 7 days this week so it is definitely worth asking about mid week winter dives. We are all of us subject to off season reduced numbers, that includes DT, who have some days not had a boat out at all (not weather related.) It is fair to say they have bigger boats and brave conditions that we wouldn't. So it pays to ask the operator if there is a trip or not. If anyone asks us about a trip and we are not going then we pass them on to someone who is.

I just cant believe someone was slagged (i.e. the suggestion made that he was recommending a particular operator for his own personal gain) for recommending his favourite charter operator.
Andy, why don't you let everyone in on the secret deals and kickbacks you get from Dive Tutukaka?

At the end of the day everyone has their own personal favourite and should be able to recommend who they wish.

For the OP.

My personal fav is PKDive but thats because they don't always go to the same spots and are willing to explore far and wide. If you are going for a day trip it doesnt matter if the boat went to the same spot as the day before.
You will have a great day at the Poor Knights regardless of which operator you head out on.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Andy, why don't you let everyone in on the secret deals and kickbacks you get from Dive Tutukaka?

No secrets, Azza. I get the same sixth dive free as everyone else who signs up for the their frequent diver programme.

At the end of the day everyone has their own personal favourite and should be able to recommend who they wish.

Yes, indeed. And yet there are double standards - Packhorse, and now you, imply that there are 'kickbacks' from Dive! Tutukaka for others. Yet, when those same claims are made against you it's like some deathly insult and all shock and horror. Funny that.

Yes, indeed. And yet there are double standards - Packhorse, and now you, imply that there are 'kickbacks' from Dive! Tutukaka for others. Yet, when those same claims are made against you it's like some deathly insult and all shock and horror. Funny that.
Actually it's not some "deathly insult and all shock and horror". I merely pointed out (in response to your comment that packhorse was only recommending PKDive because he gets something out of it - which isn't true) that you should clarify your position with DT!

At the end of the day people came here to ask for recommendations but you seem to feel that
Some of the PK Divers afficionados will no doubt jump on me for daring to suggest anything different
I mean ***? Where did that come from?

At the end of the day we all have our favourite operators and should be able to recommend who we wish without snide comments being made.

Far Out! You guys just can't play nice. Why so personal? Its great that we are all so passionate about the charter operators out to the Knights, but there is a limit! Its just diving....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom