Port closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the port Captain:
Good evening to the entire maritime community.
As of 06:00 tomorrow, May 11, navigation for small vessels in its southern and eastern areas of the island is closed.
This is from Punta Palancar to Punta Celarain, and from Punta Celarain to Punta Molas. The foregoing due to a forecast of winds from the Southeast with speeds greater than 25 km/hr and high waves.
You are asked to follow these instructions and avoid risks that endanger human life at sea and our economic activities.

Might be for a few days

My most miserable dives are on columbia when the seas are 3-4 foot from the southeast. getting beat up trying to board a boat in the waves is definitely not fun. I much rather a calm sea even if it's further north.

My most miserable dives are on columbia when the seas are 3-4 foot from the southeast. getting beat up trying to board a boat in the waves is definitely not fun. I much rather a calm sea even if it's further north.
That was our experience a couple of weeks ago. We had planned to dive both Colombias, but it got rougher and rougher the farther south we went; by the time we got to Palancar it was obvious that we needed to go to Plan B. We dove the last part of Bricks into Caves; the dive was great but getting back into the boat was pretty uncomfortable. We found out later that the port captain had closed Palancar and points south at just about the time we entered the water.

Yeah i wish the boat captains would not drop divers in these conditions. I always voice my opinions, but since i am a single diver placed in a group, my opinion is not worth much.
Your personal safety is paramount. If you’re unsure of the conditions vs your ability to deal with them, abort the dive.

This morning’s dives on Santa Rosa & San Francisco walls were quite nice. Very light chop north of La Francesa. Surprised there wasn’t more traffic. 🤿😊

Repeat for tomorrow. Bill fishing tournament also starts with shot gun start from downtown at 8:00

PC
Good evening, the wind and wave conditions remain very similar, in such a way that navigation for small boats will continue to be closed in the Southern Zone and the Eastern Zone, from Punta Palancar to Punta Celarain, and from Punta Celarain to Punta Molas

WTF? Due to the PC orders that area is closed for that very reason

WTF? Due to the PC orders that area is closed for that very reason
I think that s/he meant on another day.

We got out to deliah and San Fran wall yesterday. Waiting for pickup now. We will see what today brings.

Back
Top Bottom