Port closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't even do that. I do have a homepage but it is for a fictitious alterego of mine, and I look at my "wall" only a couple of times a year.
Or maybe that's the real account and this is the fictitious alter ego?

Thanks everyone -

The DWM facebook site seems great. I think i have FB account somewhere that i made in college but its been so long sonce I've logged in that I won't be surprised if it's been deactivated and purged. :rofl3:

I've been looking at Windguru as our trip is next week and saw some incoming northern winds on the 15th so wanted to keep track. Seems the forecast has turned for the better today though.

Thanks everyone -

The DWM facebook site seems great. I think i have FB account somewhere that i made in college but its been so long sonce I've logged in that I won't be surprised if it's been deactivated and purged. :rofl3:

They aren't purging anything they have on you in the next hundred years.

Screenshot_20230316_132837_Chrome.jpg

Is the Monday forecast the type of weather that closes the port?

Yep, I was down in N central Mexico (Torreon) and it went from the 80's yesterday to the 50's this morning with a cold N wind.
Looks like the PC is planning on shutting the port tomorrow afternoon and it looks like it will remain closed Monday.

PC message:
Pablo, good afternoon, for the information of the REMAFE Officials.
Tomorrow afternoon the Cold Front 41 enters our jurisdiction, which presents great activity of rain and storms at its entrance.
The showers brought by the Cold Front present gusts of very strong wind with no determined direction that are of high risk for smaller vessels. As the Cold Front passes, the North wind will dominate, which will be greater than 25 Km/Hr (14 KTS) and its gusts will reach speeds of up to 33 Km/Hr (18 KTS).
For tomorrow, if the forecasts continue in this way, navigation in the port will be closed for small boats and for all kinds of recreational water activities starting at 3:00 p.m., with the exception of maritime passenger transport vessels that will operate while conditions permit.

Greetings from Cozumel. Port closed at 3 pm today and is expected to remain closed until Tues AM 3/21/23, due to winds. No diving tomorrow. :(

Our flight from SJC to DFW on the 17th was cancelled due to weather in W Texas... ended up traveling yesterday, the 18th, and saw probably the same weather system above the gulf.

We lost a day and tomorrow's port closure is accelerating our one off-day but nonetheless had great dives this morning.

Weather seems mostly to the west right now (1641 hrs) but there's definitely a Norte picking up.
20230319_163436.jpg

Wintertime travel is always risky, but then springtime in Texas can be an adventure as well. DFW & Houston were not picked to be airline hubs because of their great weather trends.
I think i have FB account somewhere that i made in college but its been so long sonce I've logged in that I won't be surprised if it's been deactivated and purged.
Or someone overseas has hacked it and is enjoying using your name to scam others?
There's a big cold front coming through here tonight, so the timing sounds about right.
It was horrible. I wore longjohns camping at Inks Lake SP Sunday night thru Monday night as I had to sleep outside. I'd booked the last SP cabin in Texas open for those nights, it had 4 bunk beds, but we ended up with two great-grandkid preschoolers, two international teens, my daughter the school leader, and this 700 year old coot. I packed them away for the rest of the trip as we headed for Surfside, but I ended up in them and my heavy coat over vest to tour NASA !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom