Port closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The forecast for Sunday doesn't look too promising.

The closer we get the lower the predicted winds seem to be, but they are still not good.
1675861612180.png

No real surprise but the PC is closing the port at 4PM
"Good day to the whole community, today in the afternoon the Cold Front number 30 will enter, so which port will close navigation for small boats starting at 4:00 p.m. This is in a precautionary manner, since the prediction models vary remarkably. It is recommended that all small boats be safe after 4:00 p.m."

1676137032981.png

Looks like port is closed tomorrow am. Hoping to do some dives in the afternoon.

Pool is closed for today. :(
E100B5AA-7383-4CC2-941E-AB15C5F36181.jpeg

If it opens tomorrow I suspect it will be rough

1676217902516.png

If it opens tomorrow I suspect it will be rough

View attachment 769214
That example means nothing if you don't include that it's in km/h. So the port closes for 15 mph I see. Tomorrow does look as bad as today until the wind at least becomes northeasterly around noon.

1676227174066.png

Port closed this morning. DM optimistic about noon dives. Fingers crossed.

Opened a little after 8 to small vessels, no snorkeling or parasailing yet though

PC :
Good morning to the entire maritime community, navigation is open to smaller vessels, parasailing and snorkeling activities are suspended, until the weather conditions improve, take all due precautions, the most important thing is the safeguarding of human life in the sea and safe navigation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom