Portland Maine diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darren Dodge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, I'm looking for info on shore or boat diving in the Portland area. I just re-certified with my buddy who just newly certified on a trip to Grand Cayman a few weeks ago. He has family in the area, so we are looking for what diving opportunities are available when we visit the area. I was considering a shore dive in the Kettle Cove beach area so that we can kinda do a easy dive and a shore picnic with his family at the same time. Is diving permitted in this area?

thanks,
Darren

Hi Daren,

For the circumstances and goals you describe Kettle Cove is an outstanding choice. Diving is permitted but be sure to have you C-cards. If the ranger is around you will need it to get you permit. It's just a free card that goes on the dash so they can tell divers are in the water in case cars remain at the end of the day. A buddy is required. More is in the link to my site.

Pete

Thanks guys, thats an awesome site with perfect info. Much appreciated. After diving in the tropics without an exposure suit, going to need a nice relatively calm location to tinker with our buoyancy and get it fine tuned in a wet suit. Also will be fun just being able for his family to picnic with us after and review any video we record poking around there. I'm a crawler diver as opposed to a marathon diver, so a location that we can just relax and enjoy looking around is perfect. Beyond that, which shops do any boat dive that might be of interest?
thanks

Last edited:
And if you are ever in the Bar Harbor area, you can check out the League of Underwater Superheroes. We do weekly dive charters through the summer. Contact Diver Ed at 207-288-DIVE. We do a lot of stuff with COJO Diving out of Fredericton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom