Poseidon Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techcwby

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been diving with what I believe to be a Poseidon Odin regulator. I purchased it from a garage sale back in the early 90's, so I'm guessing it's probably a late-80's model. The serial number on the 1st stage is: 21204775.

I'm facing an extensive overhaul of the 1st stage and would like to look for a replacement on Ebay to use for parts. Unfortunately, I don't know what model to look for. Can anyone provide any insight into what I've got?

I love my Poseidon, but a good service tech (and available parts) are proving hard to find nowadays. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Considering this is a Poseidon thread, I'll go ahead and assume I'm among friends :wink:

Thanks much.

For service, UPS, USPS flat rate, and FedEx are your friends
Send it to:
Joel at TDL, Scotty will fix it up right for you
or
Ed at Divers cove in Essex CT, an expert Poseidon mechanic.

Flat rate shipping is cheaper than driving now that gas is headed above $4 a gallon.

The other option is ScubaToys. Flat rate servicing.

Scuba Toys did my Cyklon recently - $49.95 for labor for 1st and 2 2nd's and $29.95 in parts for all three . . . took about a week . . .

On the 1st, if you have the older hoses with the relief valve in them, pretty much any 1st will be fine - Poseidon used the same 1st for the Cyklon 500, Odin, and Jetstream for quite some time, and only recently changed the 1st on the Jetstream to that of the deep. There is a guy I dealt with in Michigan ("michdive") on eBay that, I think, still has the 1st with the relief in it (one end is flat - the older ones were both somewhat conical/pointed) for $100 or so . . . I bought a 1st from him recently, and he was a great guy, and the 1st was pristine.

What makes you think yours needs much more than the normal service with a normal kit? There really aren't that many parts in them . . . .

- Tim

Do not know if you are still looking for someone to repair your Poseidon. If you are, Dale at Sea Level Scuba in Northwood, Ohio will do a great job. He should have parts in stock.

VIKING DIVING
4612-A Bellview Ave.
Pensacola , Fl 32526
1-800-916-3483

Everything you need for parts and service for even the oldest Poseidon gear.

Great to deal with!

+1 on Viking Diving.

My wife send all of her Poseidons to Tim for servicing.
Great service.

-Mitch

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom