Possible costs of hyperbaric chamber treatment in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grocio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

Not sure whether I'm posting this thread on the right forum, but I couldn't find any more suitable.

In August I'll travel to Sharm El Sheikh to dive from a liveaboard for a week. I leave in the Netherlands and my local insurance covers the treatment of diving accidents abroad up to the costs of the treatment in the Netherlands. Thus, for example, if the cost of a treatment abroad amounts to 10,000 U$ and in the Netherlands the same treatment amounts to 7,000 U$, then my insurance will cover up to 7,000 U$.

I was trying to get information about the costs of hyperbaric chamber treatment in Egypt, so as to have more elements to determine whether it would be wise to take another insurance, just in case my current one would be insufficient for this typical diver sickness. I couldn't find an answer on the Internet, and I was wondering whether someone among you does have it.

Thanks in advance for your reply, guys.

One hour of chamber treatment cost around 600 €!
If you consider that an effective treatment could require several days with repeated chamber sessions of approx. 8 hours each day you come up to more than 10000 USD easily...
And that´s not considering all the other costs!

I would recommend a DAN-insurance to be on the safe side.

Most general travel insurance will cover you to 30m diving but check your policy.
It really is worth getting your own. A standard pot treatment runs to about $8,000 a session and you might need many sessions. That's without additional medical bills and hotels etc.

DAN DAN DAN - the Sharm chamber is operated by Dr. Adel Taher - who is also the head of DAN in the region...

no worries - there are other companies out there that I am sure are just as good but I always recommend DAN because I have, unfortunately, had to deal with them several times (on behalf of other people). For Sharm specifically, it makes sense since the chamber is effectively a DAN operated institution.

Oh - and enjoy your time in Sharm! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom